By awkwardology - 27/09/2013 07:56 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, my mum dismissed my diagnosed schizophrenia as "too much time with those earphones in". FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 902
You deserved it 3 452

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MattOnFML 13

Show her to a doctor, it sounds like she has a case of being an idiot.

Awesome!! Now we know for certain all those other schizofrenics are lying assholes! Except they're not. Your mom is.

Comments

conholio33 28

Sorry to hear that OP. hope you mom will understand in time

there are so many people that are completely ignorant to mental illness. its disgraceful. feel sorry for you

Hope you didn't get that self diagnosis from webMD.

OP never said it was self diagnosed. Most are willing to bet OP went to a doctor and had it confirmed. (Not that we can be absolutely sure but I have my own doubts of it being self diagnosed)

hey_itskrissy 5

Is your mom a doctor? No. She can't "de-diagnose you!"

MischievousV 8

I was diagnosed with depression at 15 from all the stuff going on back then. My parents don't believe me. I'm 22 nearly 23 now and they still don't get that I have severe depression now. Some parents just don't believe in mental illness. Also just because OP has schizophrenia it doesn't mean OP is "crazy" there are drugs you can take to reduce the hallucinations auditory or otherwise.

OP, your mom has a severe case of the dumb.

elfie82 2

Oh wow OP!! Your mum sucks as much as mine does!! Time to move on and surround yourself with people that want to help you! I hate ignorant ppl!!!

Good for you have fun with the schitsophrenia!

Struggling with boarder line personality daily sucks, which is what I have and I know from personal experience with my father that Schizophrenia is a horrible illness if not treated, please do your family, despite what your mother says, and take care of yourself! My father is too far gone now to function, he's 47 and we're pretty sure this is his last year with us.. I hope you learn to accept help when you don't want it, or don't think it's necessary, cause believe me.. It will happen.. :( Good luck, stay strong and remember reality is better than delusions.