By awkwardology - 27/09/2013 07:56 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, my mum dismissed my diagnosed schizophrenia as "too much time with those earphones in". FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 902
You deserved it 3 451

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MattOnFML 13

Show her to a doctor, it sounds like she has a case of being an idiot.

Awesome!! Now we know for certain all those other schizofrenics are lying assholes! Except they're not. Your mom is.

Comments

Music is actually proven to prevent that...keep rocking along!

By the world class study of making things up.

She's right. I know everytime I put headphones in I hear voices, so I must be crazy.

Some people. As I was growing up, I had my left ribcage sticking out noticeably more than the right one, as well as having to crack my back often. My mother said I was simply just "growing" and "temporary disproportion" was normal. Then a few months ago, her cousin noticed a deviation in my back, and encouraged my mom to take me for an x-ray. Turns out I have a 60 degree curve in my thoracic spine, and as my body is fully-grown, a back brace will be ineffective. I require back surgery at some point next year.

I'm sorry, but that sounds like neglect. Your mother should be ashamed of herself.

Well -now- she feels bad, in fact her whole side of the family is hysterical. Despite the huge deviation, there is no pain, only mild discomfort and stiffness. Still, it would have been nice for her to actually check me out, since scoliosis is common on my father's side of the family (yet again, something I only recently found out).

Well I hope your medication works and you take your medication and who cares what your mom says

olpally 32

That's awful :( I hate ignorant people like your mother. I bet if it was her, she'd be dying for you to help her. Ugh. Get well op.

My mom is the same way. She HATES when I listen to music or voice call on my iPod.

Good luck, OP. Don't let your mother get you down or crap on your problems. Get the help you need.

Yeah, and FML gave me ADHD... LOOK! A BUTTERFLY! Aw shit. Damn you, FML!