By awkwardology - 27/09/2013 07:56 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, my mum dismissed my diagnosed schizophrenia as "too much time with those earphones in". FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 902
You deserved it 3 452

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MattOnFML 13

Show her to a doctor, it sounds like she has a case of being an idiot.

Awesome!! Now we know for certain all those other schizofrenics are lying assholes! Except they're not. Your mom is.

Comments

Listening to Puddle of Mudd's "Psycho"? "Maybe I'm the one, maybe I'm the one Who is the schizophrenic psycho, yeah" --Are those headphones used to drown out the voices in your head?! Just hope you don't go "Primal Fear" on mom or are you more of an "Identity" type? :P

What an ass. I hope you manage to find the right meds.

Just don't let her ignorance interfere with you keeping yourself healthy, OP.

She should know that this isn't the same. Didn't she ever hear voices from her music? I want my MTV...

I love it when people dismiss actual things with silly and arbitrary reasons. At the same time, they freak out and lose sleep about insignificant things.

jw90 18

I hear these voices in my head, telling me things would be better when I'm dead, but I don't listen. I tell them quit your bitchin, cuz life isn't as bad as it seems.

Get an axe. put on gloves and smash some piece of furniture while she is away. leave axe at scene, wrapped in earphones' cable. claim you were asleep at the time.

spiritfang11237 16

but...why punish the innocent furniture? They didn't do anything wrong.

my mother did this when I was diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder, said it was all a bunch of bull. I think some parents say things like that though because they don't want to admit there's something wrong with their baby, something they can't fix. Many people live life in denial, maybe that's her issue to. On the flip side some parents/people are just ******* stupid.

It's funny how parents seems to think they're more qualified than a doctor when it comes to things like these.