By dope_mcfly - 29/01/2014 16:55 - United States - Keene

Today, my mother-in-law called me every 2 hours, starting at 8pm and stopping at 10am the following morning. She says that since my wife and I are expecting our first child, I should "get used to waking up at all hours." She calls my work phone, which I'm not allowed to switch off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 017
You deserved it 4 061

dope_mcfly tells us more.

dope_mcfly 24

Hey, OP here. I would have mentioned in the FML that my work phone is one of those "dumb phones" and does not have any option to block numbers. After she did that for two nights in a row, I wound up setting one of the fax machine at my office to auto-dial her mobile and house phones every 15 minutes. Now, the only thing that wakes me up is the occasional user who forgot their login info, and my wife's odd food cravings.

Top comments

She should be letting you enjoy your rest while you can instead..

Comments

Call her back at random times and tell her she must get used to being a backup to look after her grandkids at all times.

Tell her off. If she has a problem with it, block her number for a while. Make sure your wife knows about her intruding and annoying you especially at work.

Why isn't your wife telling her mother to leave you alone?

go to her house and hide alarm clock everywhere.

Just tell her to **** off and leave you alone(:

Give it right back to her. Call her every hour, on the hour for a solid week. Let her know that you will stop when she does.

Clearly this woman has too much time on her hands

Call the phone company and block her.. Or blow a fog horn/whistle into the phone

Hide under her bed when she isn't home and jump out at her.