By ughhhh - 03/05/2014 21:10 - United States

Today, my mom spent over $200 getting me tested for every drug in the book. All because I admitted to smoking a single cigarette two years ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 694
You deserved it 7 965

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Can we please not start this debate again? I'm even asking nicely.

Untrusting and overreactive parents can seriously mess up their kids. Im sorry OP, shes wasting her money,

Comments

Is your mum a Mormon by any chance?

ileenefudge 29

What does her religion have to do with it? She could be a Christian and still act the same way, or an atheist. I don't think religion has anything to do with being over dramatic about something that happened 2 years ago, it's probably just the way OPs mom is/gets about certain things.

#19 I grew up Mormon. They massively overreact to one cigarette or one alcoholic drink, because it's against their religion. A friend of mine was grounded for two weeks for drinking an iced coffee. :)

Because only Mormons are against their kids doing drugs?

#42 Nothing I wrote implied I thought that.

At least this is a test you can pass

Unfortunately that only means you won't share more with them going forward - parents should realise how unhealthy that is for communication

I'm really glad I have great parents that trust me. Me and my family have a great and honest relationship with each other. Of course we all fight and get mad sometimes but I wouldn't trade my parents for anyone else. It's a shame other kids don't get to experience that. It's kids like those that I take out and have fun and show them a good time and get them outta the house and away from the family to just enjoy themselves and be who they wanna be rather than what their parents want. I wish parents would understand that trust is a huge thing with kids. Try talking to her OP. I wish you luck and hope your relationship with your family changes.

We can't be too sure because for all we know, she could be having money problems and that might be another reason her kid is mad at her. Aside from the fact that the mom over reacted and now the kid will probably not tell their mom anything huge.

Ignore this comment (just seeing if my account verified)

She probably just tested you for "every drug in the book" because it was the same $200 price whether it was for only one drug test or all of them. One blood/urine test is better than taking multiple test one at a time. Wasted money but at least you're not the one out of pocket.

PainOfDemise 11

Ah, cigarettes. The gate way drug to everything else to mothers around the world.

tayymeds 23

Think of it this way OP, once all the testing is done and you're clean, you get to rub it in your parents face that they just wasted 200 dollars on their lack of trust in you.

Her loss on the 200 not yours , she should learn to be a bit more trusting.