By Adopted - 14/06/2016 21:22

Today, my mom realized that the "door" part in "screen door" doesn't block sound when she began to talk to our neighbours about how much of a failure I am. I heard everything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 534
You deserved it 1 205

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's when you say, "In my defense, I was spawned by somebody who can't quite grasp the subtle complexities of a screen door" before shutting the actual door.

kesaiz 1

ignore it & get away as soon as you can afford it. When our son was 2 my ex husband told me our son WOULD play professional football & support HIM in luxury later in life. FTS. I told my son to do what he wanted. Football, ballet, politics , etc. Yep his dad disowned him for going career military. 8 years in & going strong! Sometimes you must walk away from a parent.

Comments

thats when you chime in with a "Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?"

Ugh, instead of quoting stupid emo songs, I wish people would realize it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality!

I have seen many comments from thoughtless parents on FML. See the situation through the parents minds and realize many cannot visualize a different outcome for their children, Their parents were trained by their parents to react in this manner. Do not react and accept or walk away.

Accept that you're a failure and agree with your bitch mom that bad mouths you to a neighbor?

Sometimes, going away from the parents is better. I had to call the cops on my mother. There is not a day that I regret it even if it was hard at first.

She's the failure for not realizing that a screen door isn't sound-proof.

Take that as some motivation to show her who you really are!

Cry. Really cry. When she asks you what's wrong say some crap that will make her feel like crap. Guilt trip is always the way to go.