By thanksmom - 30/04/2011 01:00 - United States

Today, my mom paid $40 for overnight shipping on delivery of paint for my Art major dropout sister, but insists on making me wait two weeks for my diabetes medication. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 967
You deserved it 3 226

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hdemonking 0

Fake a hypoglycemic coma. I know I would.

Comments

Okay your situation sucks but there's no need to take it out on your sister. Art major 'drop out'? Doesn't sound like a drop out to me, stop being jealous.

how can that not sound like a " drop out"? OP clearly stated that OP's sister is an art major dropout. And how is it jealous that OP's not getting her medication when the dropout sister had $40 spent on her for overnight shipping on something that could have waited. For fucksake, it was art stuff, it could have waited. Medication is more important. Rethink your shit through before you post. :/

I think what 120 was getting at is that, presumably, OP's sister needed the paint for a project/deadline - if she was a dropout, why would this be? Factor in that a lot of people see art courses as an easy cop-out option, it does come across that OP's just bitter.

MakeAScene 4

Well wouldn't you be bitter if you couldn't get the medication you needed to live because your sister needed art supplies? -__-

OP makes no statement that makes me think that her medication was needed within that two weeks time. all i see is that she is jealous that her sister doesnt have to anxiously wait for a package and she does. also, op didnt state that is was the life threatening kind of diabetes medication, so i will assume she is waiting on medication to keep her diabetes from childhood obesity in check because she ate too many cupcakes and kfc.

This sounds about right. I bet OP is being a spoiled drama queen. Maybe you shouldn't have let your meds get so low.

KellyIsTheBest32 12

you don't get diabetes from eating sweets...

kelly, there are two types of diabetes. the first kind you cant do anything about. you're usually born with it and develops because its hereditary and you cant help it. the second type, type two diabetes, you get when you **** up your pancreas because you dont know how to say no to a slice of cake. this kind you can actually reverse by not being a fat ass pig. this is the one i was talking about, as i did make that distinction very clear.

KellyIsTheBest32 12

actually, there are three types of diabetes. type 1, type 2, and gestational. and you actually did not make it clear that you were talking about type 2. yes, you can get it from eating too many sweets. but not as a child as u stated. the chances of getting type 2 under 45 yrs. is slim to none. and as a child, it is not likely at all. therefore your "childhood obesity" statement, is false. as is saying that there are only two types of diabetes.

KellyIsTheBest32 12

there are three types. type 1 type 2 and gestational. type 2 can be caused by obesity but not always. and, the chances of getting type 2 as a child are almost impossible. so, your childhood obesity statement is false.

also, you can run out of those meds (insulin or pills) really quick or something might happen to them. my mum drops my insulin vials every so often.. $100 wasted everytime. *sigh*

#122 - If you have to anxiously wait for paint, or medication, trust me, it's much worse waiting for medication. It means that even if you have enough to last you, you need to plan, so eat less during the weeks to use less insulin, hope you don't get sick as that can use more up etc. Waiting for paint wouldn't kill her sister but it's HORRIBLE waiting for medication that you need to keep you alive. Trust me.

laliique_31 0

then people ask why some people, especially teenagers, dont like being with his/her mom! -_- you have the BEST MOM EVER!

BlakesBabe23 4

Why does your stupid drop out sister need paint more than your meds? That's a pretty legit thing to pay over night delivery for, when you've got a kid with high blood sugar. Right? Your mom is a bitch.

chevyuser 0

does she realize how dangerous missing even one dose of diabetes medicine is??

seraphxchild 3

fake a diabetic coma and see how long she makes you wait to go to the hospital

Right, your mother would willingly let you die or become seriously ill. Something seems off about this FML.