By kp. - 03/09/2015 16:30 - United States

Today, my mom called me a druggie after she found out I smoked weed once. She's now threatening to sell my car, tell my boss, and ban me from seeing my fiancée. I'm 24. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 254
You deserved it 3 914

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xoxoblondee 31

She should turn you in to the police, you pot smoking fiend. Clearly a danger to society! *comment overflows with sarcasm*

Comments

bnbhimp 10

Get your own shit and grow some nuts.

Perhaps move out? Live your own life without anyone controlling you. Be your own person.

This is an overreaction of the highest order. Ignoring the legal status of the drug, the damage it does is minimal or non-existence in comparison to the dangers of alcohol and tobacco. We had a man called Professor Nutt, who advocated for the production and taxation of Marijuana but was fired from his government job for achieving scientifically significant results which disagreed with government policy (he found that it didn't exacerbate mental illness in a very long term and wide reaching study). Not that there's anything wrong with smoking for fun, but smoking to manage chronic or long term health conditions is common, even in countries where it's illegal. It's an effective source of pain relief and it alleviates anxiety more effectively and quickly than any other drug, without side effects like nausea and paranoia. Long story short, there's nothing wrong with smoking weed, I believe government policy will one day reflect it, and I'm sorry she's having such a bad reaction. If she does the things she threatened, I personally wouldn't be able to forgive her very quickly and would limit contact until it blew over with my employer or I found a better place to work. I hope things resolve themselves quickly OP.

Maybe you should turn her in for control issues... You're 24 and she wants to sell your car and "ban" you from seeing your fiancé?? She's unhealthy in the mind

I'm just gonna say it... Someone has to learn to let go...

Your mom is way too involved in your life, OP. Start setting boundaries and embrace adulthood.

Tsukiyomi 16

"Ban you from seeing your fiancée" I don't think she's within her rights to do that

Your mom is probably just worried about her baby getting married. If I am correct, welcome to the single-because-of-our-parents club!