By catfriend - 06/05/2014 05:42 - United States - Salida

Today, my husband's cat died. He has resorted to calling me by her name to comfort himself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 999
You deserved it 4 840

Same thing different taste

Top comments

everyone copes with sadness differently, i guess this is his way

Comments

"..to support each other, in good times and bad.."

“You see, Simba* she lives in you.”

ThomasBombadil 31

I think he has "Cat Scratch Fever".

1dvs_bstd 41

People's obsession with animals is beyond me.. yes, it is sad but come the **** on!!

Comet_Candy 23

It's not an obsession. The man obviously really loved this cat... I'd be devastated if I lost one of my animals (Not to the same extent. Death is a part of life and is inevitable, so no sense in going into denial). It's hard not to fall in love with such wonderful creatures when they can brighten up your day and be there for you when you need them the most.

RedPillSucks 31

Maybe he just loves ******* cats.... erm..., I mean he just ******* loves cats....

1dvs_bstd 41

I respect your opinion but my point is, we're in a society where animals are more loved than children. I mean there are situations where if a human and a dog were sleeping in a house and it catches on fire, most of the sympathy and attention goes to the dog and people ask "OMG is the dog okay?" I don't hate pets neither will I, but if I'm the OP, I'd clock that gigantic bitch ass husband. And yeah, fml community, you can all thumb down as much as you like, I ran out of ***** to give anyways.

#35 a lot of people treat animals like part of the family because they are. we give them love and affection & we take care of them for how ever many years they live....animals can give love and affection back as well. we become attached to our pets/animals so yes when they die it is very sad and heart breaking AND can cause people to be very upset. if you had a dog or cat for 10+ years wouldn't you cry (or be upset or grieve) too if he/she died and you really truly loved him/her? if you don't cry (or grieve or get upset) when your pet died then it shows that you never really cared about that animal/pet.

RedPillSucks 31

I, for one, welcome our new cat overlords...

I don't think so. We live in a society where people treat pets like their children; but in your example, if I knew that the child was safe then is ask about the pet. If I didn't know anything, I'd ask if /everyone/ got out alright.

rocker_chick23 27

I love my dogs and cat as much as I love my son and husband. There is nothing weird about loving your animals as much as people.

56- I think you are talking about my comment. I can't tell you how many times I've read on a forum, "**** people, I only care about animals" A lot of people put animals on this unhealthy pedestal and act like they are all sweet and innocent. When in reality some animals are brutal. How many times has a dog mauled a toddler to death unprovoked? Many. Yet, it some people's minds, animals can do no wrong. I personally believe that humans are superior to other animals even though I truly care for animals. Just my personal opinion.

If you die, do you realize your pets would eat you. Love your animals, sure, I get that, not for me. Do not think for a second they are equal to people, they are not sentient beings.

I understand the grieving over a cat (or any pet), but calling other people by their pet's name for "comfort" is a tad weird...

Well, some people love their pets unconditionally. OP why don't you get him a new cat?

It's one way to cure his grief but honestly I pray this passes fast

crazytwinsmom 25

It OP's name is Catherine, then it's not such a problem.

skyeyez9 24

I had two dogs and when the older one passed away 2yrs ago, I was heartbroken. I was so used to calling both dogs' names (did this every day for 12yrs) and it just felt wrong to only call Gidget's. So for awhile I'd still call out "Austin, Gidget"