By clingmaster - 09/09/2009 08:57 - United States

Today, my girlfriend of over a year broke up with me. Two weeks ago she complained that I didn't act like I really loved her. I then became more involved and caring just for her to show my love. The reason she broke up with me? Because I was "suffocating her with clinginess." FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 809
You deserved it 4 668

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sounds like she just wants an excuse to break up with you, fine someone better :D

Yeah, sounds like you two weren't right for each other anyways if you had to conciously become involved and caring.

Comments

honeyishrnkdakid 2

I'm a woman and I agree. Most women have no idea what they want and if they ever got it they wouldn't know what to do with it. FYL.

By "really love her" she meant buy expensive things for her, not bug her all the time.

youthink_fml 0

She didn't want you close to her, she wanted you to buy clothes for her (and jewelry, dinners, etc)

chowyuk 0

ydi for thinking a girl really toled you what she wanted, that ***** all in a code that men are yet to crack

whyowhy26 3

i love your name: clingmaster!! thats like ring master but not really...HAHAHHAAH... ahem. girls. pssshh. they're weird. oh and im a girl :)

Mike03_fml 0

girls often dont know what they want, but maybe you did a little too much, no ? Fail though.

Gavik 0

Girls will never be happy in a relationship. Just pick one up, ****, don't call again, rinse, repeat.

Oh, Gavik, why so cynical? Girls CAN be happy in a relationship. Here's all you have to do: 1) Sign over your paycheck to her 2) Never ask for sex, she will let you know when she needs to be serviced. a) If you must jerk off, do it without her knowledge. b) No cheating. She owns your junk and sharing is not in their DNA. Pretty simple if you ask me.

Plexico you're such a jackass-- but I love you.

plexico, i love the 1,2,a,b list of keeping a girl happy..although i do have some modifications, at least ones that tailor to myself haha 1) i still want your paycheck, or at least part of it, but just in the form of weed and alcohol..and also maybe food when im ****** up. 2) never ask for sex, assume i always want it because umm, i do ALWAYS want it ;] 3) jerk off all you want, as long as youre still ******* me. 4) if you want to **** someone else go for it, but ill dump your ass in a second. as for the OP: you either did smother her [find that happy medium, duh], or she was just waiting for an excuse to break up with you anyway.

-- Sorry if this is a repeat, the original seems to have gotten eaten ---- kisseshugsdrugs, You are adorable! My wife is about a generation older than you, so let's look at the differences. 1) I would bring home all the booze she wants, but she is a mean drunk (always has been.) 2) If I assume she wants it, I often end up with a black eye and blue balls. 3) Same 4) Same (some things never change.)

Plexico understands what it's like to be p-whipped.

Agreed. "I don't think we're close enough" "Ok, I'll do my best to fix that" "oh, i decided i don't want a serious relationship after all. It only took me 9 months to figure this out! yay!"

Like Popeye said, "Female, she is fickle."

Women are impossible to understand. Also, the minute anyone in a relationship days you don't buy them enough things and equatesthat to loving them it is time to drop them and move on.