By blasted - 25/11/2009 13:56 - United States

Today, my girlfriend of almost a year, and to whom I intended to propose on Thanksgiving, dumped me because her husband will be returning from Iraq soon. And he wants to have a "talk" with me. I didn't know she was married. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 288
You deserved it 3 879

Same thing different taste

Top comments

whatthefuckcunt 0

hahaha "a talk"... i'd start running. now.

marriage proposal after less than a year? On your first date, did you also rub her belly and say, "Soon, this will be plump with my seed"?

Comments

tam_tiger 0

Poor you but ydi for not knowing enough about the girl you wanna marry. Hello isn't that the first thing you find out when you're dating someone????? "sooo, are you single?" Wow some peoples children...

No duh, do you think she told him when he asked?

123e3 0

okay come on! these types of FMLs are really getting boring.

YDI for wanting to marry someone you know less than a year. But FYL for the talk with her husband, small chance he is actually reasonable

D=. My parents knew each other for 5 months before getting married. And they've been together for 20 years now. Time doesn't matter so much.

Either hope he's reasonable about it, or buy a gun.

My best friend's parents dated for 3 weeks, they have been married over 20 years. |:

My ex-best-friend's cousin's aunt's second nephew's parents knew each other a total or 14 milliseconds before they decided to get hitched! They've been married 3583497.0238 years now!

blkwhtrbbt 0

what, an hope to outshoot someone coming home from combat? not likely.

He probably wants to talk just to premeditate her murder. No worries man.

Meet up with him, apologize, and calmly explain to him to watch his back because his wife is a dirty *****.

bill_zebub 0

The fault in these things lies not in the innocent 3rd party, but in the relationship at hand. the soldier for leaving the wife feeling alone and needing and the wife for being unfaithful. It's not this dude's fault. If your woman will cheat, your marriage wasn't all that to begin with.

I agree, not OP's fault, but it's ****** up that you're blaming the soldier for being away serving his country...not HIS fault, either.

Douchebag. My husband deploys and I dont screw around on him and I surely dont blame him for being gone. Some women just aren't strong enough to hack it and in turn hurt a lot of people

Hey, its in NO way the soldiers fault for leavin, his ass belongs to uncle sam. and thats something to be proud of. if you marry a soldier you damn well better be a good enough woman to stand by him

That sucks, but what can you take from this? "Almost a year" is not enough time with someone to be considering proposing, let alone planning on it.

Connkidd 0

Have the talk with the soldier, he deserves to know exactly what happened. Just make sure it is in a public place. And thank him profusely for his service to his country. And then tell him to go beat the crap out of #22.

xSceneSceneBabyx 0

your thoughts = "...oh shit. O.O" just don't let him get anywhere near a knife, a fork, a spork, a spoon, or an action figure. cuz trust me, when someone throws an action figure at your head, it hurts. and their little hands can stab you in the neck or something...