By dca101 - 20/03/2013 02:08 - United States

Today, my girlfriend left me because our "political views don't match" when I told her we needed to share house chores now that we live together. I know, I'm lost too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 510
You deserved it 2 932

Same thing different taste

Top comments

shyeahh_fml 19

You're asking wayyy too much of her, OP.

What kind of fool are you... That is clearly sarcasm. Hence the exaggeration on 'wayyy'.

Comments

oh yes “Comrade O.P." let's share responsibilities, wanna paint the house red next?

Makes perfect sense to me... Unless she doesn't make more money than you. If you make more money than her then I'm lost too!

What does money have to do with it? They're two presumably able-bodied people sharing a house. They can both take care of cleaning it.

A lot of people decide who does the bulk of the housework by who makes more money (if they both work equal hours). There's other factors too such as shifts, commute, etc but it's the breadwinner effect.

It's a political joke, people! Did you not read the original post!?! I'm taking a jab at democrat/republican politics. If the OP's girlfriend makes more money than him, the republican stance would be that because she makes the bulk of the money and therefor likely covers a majority of the financial issues in the house, she shouldn't have to share in the work. It makes perfect sense to me!

She was probably just getting fed up with you.. And it all came out during the smallest thing.. Whilst in her head thinking about your values and morals perhaps. FYL.

Agreed. OR she doesn't know the meaning of political.

ileenefudge 29

What do household chores have to do with political views? If she is really that lazy than its better to find someone who won't expect you to do every little thing for them because of laziness.

Mr25_fml 14

She gives "dirty girl" a different meaning.

Yeah, there is; dirty girl, cus she is a mess from doing, the womanly duties, of Cleaning The House! Then there is just Nasty Dirty girl because she does not clean... FYL OP -Dirty Girl by Atmosphere. Great Song.

Well this is obvious I can't believe you all missed it. She's a princess and asking princesses to do anything is against the rules of being around a princess. Therefore, your political views are opposed to hers. Come on man follow the loony bin logic!

Wha? Dude you should be happy that that Lazy-Dumbass Bimbo is out your life.

See this as a good thing OP imagine if you had waited to marry her before living with her she might have divorced you causing financial problems for you

perdix 29

She's calling you a Communist. She's a free-market capitalist and believes the "invisible hand" will do her share of the housework. The "invisible hand" is lazy as shit and you'll end up doing all the chores for free.

Brought me back to Colbert's congressional address. "Apparently even the invisible hand doesn't like to pick beans" or do its fair share.