By sothisishowidie - 30/09/2013 11:18 - Guam - Yigo

Today, my friends and I spent a little too long enjoying a beautiful cliff overlooking the ocean. We spent the next 3 hours lost in a pitch black jungle with only one pocket-sized flashlight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 745
You deserved it 12 995

Same thing different taste

Top comments

XDsmileyDX_fml 24

So you knew you were in a fairly remote area and that nightfall would approach sometime, and you didn't plan ahead at all and brought only a flashlight? Sounds reasonable.

Comments

XDsmileyDX_fml 24
leprechaun23 15

Always be to your car before dark if you aren't familiar with your surroundings

Wizardo 33

I bet they were being followed by people banging on bass drums too, just for the ambience.

O_O I would soil myself multiple times, then Cry like a bitch.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

obviously a lot of people understand 1s comment but I dont..anyone care to explain?

grobinson 9

It's a homage to the slenderman game.

I know most people would say that they would tough it out and get all 8 pages before slenderman got them in real life, but if I was there I would curl up into the fetal position and cry and shit myself repeatedly.

You must keep a lot of laxatives with you #60

grobinson 9

Oh shoot. I've been pronouncing it wrong this whole time then lol. Thank you for the insight.

So you knew you were in a fairly remote area and that nightfall would approach sometime, and you didn't plan ahead at all and brought only a flashlight? Sounds reasonable.

Just think of all the sketchy-ass animals you were surrounded by that you couldn't even see. D:

Yup. They were drawing pictures detailing their nefarious plans to kill OP and his friends. They're quite artistic at times, you know.

XDsmileyDX_fml 24

There weren't any foxes there silly, or else the forest would have been full of "Ding Ding Ding Dingaringaring ding"

CallMeMcFeelii 13

No.. No, 30. I can't believe you just said that.. My friend made me listen to that song the other day. I think I lost a ton of brain cells by the time it was over. I was hoping to never have to relive that experience again, yet, there you go bringing up repressed memories I'd rather not remember..

Actually, 30, I believe it would be more along the lines of "NYUK NYUK NYUK NYUK NYUKNYUKNYUK!" Or "Racka ka ka racka ka ka ka!" Or if it's a horse, then morse code.

HATEE HATEE HATEE HO BITCH ASS FOXES SAY WOOHOOOOOO - Gangsta Fox

x3Shannon 3

We ran into a lot of spider webs, mostly :(

KeannaLove 32

If you're going into a jungle, you should know to bring more than just a single flashlight. You deserve it for not being prepared.

I cannot agree any more with that comment.

A jungle? Really? Op may have been saying that for dramatic purposes. It doesn't look like some Indiana Jones scene everywhere on this planet, dude... Ever been to Cornwall? It has beautiful cliffs and has somewhat remote locations, but at worst you will run into a lost sheep...

It sucks now but will be a good story to tell everyone in the future

Yeah but you got a great memory of that cliff and a fun story to share about how you traversed a jungle with just a flashlight. As long as you came out of it fine you'll laugh about it for years.

x3Shannon 3

i agree :) I dont regret that we went hiking that day. Even while we were lost, it was a lot of fun :)

I don't think your being fair to that poor flashlight it's not his fault you travel unprepared!!!

asnakelovinbabe 16

I simply must ask..... Did you see any snakes!?!?

x3Shannon 3

Yes, we found one :) The snakes here arent poisonous though so we were all perfectly safe.

repKyle95 24

Actually, there's no such thing as a poisonous snake. There are VENOMOUS snakes though :)

asnakelovinbabe 16

Actually I'm going to pull out my useless facts and correct you. There IS a such thing as a poisonous snake. The Red-Necked Keelback, rhabdophis subminiatus, stores toxins from the toads it eats in a gland in the neck. When threatened this snake flares out it's neck and exposes a bright red color there warning a predator not to eat it. If it does, it will become very sick and probably die. Many toxic animals, including poison dart frogs and caterpillars, get their toxins from their diets. In the case of poison arrow frogs, the captive bred ones are not toxic because of the diet. For the snake I was talking about... This is in addition to being rear fanged and mild to moderately venomous.