By dumped - 05/06/2011 05:17 - United States

Today, my five year old daughter asked me what a divorce was. When I asked why she wanted to know, she replied with "Daddy wants one. He says you can have me." FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 021
You deserved it 4 175

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BrittanyPernell6 0

what a screwed up loser he doesn't deserve you or your little girl

Blurting that out was uncalled for especially in front of his own daughter. OP, best of luck ripping him dry with child support. You & your daughter deserve better. FYL

Comments

That's actually awful :/ I can't understand why anyone would put their child or their wife in that situation. I bet you regret ever marrying that dick

what if the kid just wants them to get a divorce so they can have twice the stuff? kids are EVIL! It is sad though the day a child tells her mom the husband wants a divorce.

Actually, that sounds crazy enough for it to work!

kids are innocent at that age. they mimic what they see. so ya wanna blame someone, blame the adults!

Shadow4i5 3

that's smart because when I was 5 I culd think of plans like that

shaniecerb 0

im sure you dont remember when you were 5 years old

thebestof1984 0

Your ex is a ******* loser that doesn't even deserve to have visitation rights with your 5 year old daughter if he told her that.

just because he said she can have the daughter doesn't mean he does not want to visit the daughter as well... maybe he just don't want to take care of her. >.< what an asshole of him!!

thebestof1984 0

He's still an asshole. If my children's father said that shit to my 5 year old I would refuse visitation rights. Why should he deserve to visit the kid if he's telling his 5 year daughter basically I don't want you?....

TheDrifter 23

Perhaps his wife is a bitch like you and he knows the only way to save his sanity is to leave NOW.

thebestof1984 0

Thanks for calling me a bitch! You should NEVER tell that to a little girl no matter how ****** up the relationship or the woman is. If you want out fine, don't make the little girl think she did something wrong.

vanquish83 0

Atleast your daughter being sincere =)

cunwin0907 0

Wow... I feel that is the lowest of the low. What an unbelievable cowardly thing to do, for him to involve your child to begin with. But to actually have her tell you? That is not only disturbing but yet very disgusting of a father to tell his little girl to do. I sincerely feel for you and pray that you as a mother get through this gracefully as much as you can.

Well, he might not have told the five year old girl directly, she could have overheard him. Still bad. You check before you say stuff like that!

didijustdie 0

Why the hell is this comment thumbed down? He's absolutely right!

Wow, he is beyond a jerk. He doesn't deserve to have you girls.

Your husband (or ex) is a pathetic excuse for a man. For him to resort to using your daughter as a messenger of something so serious, he should check whether his testicles are, in fact, still attached to him.

aliceisbored 11

i agree w/ #3 a lot of people out there do messed up things so it'd be good to have a license for parenting. Foster care people do (if i remember correctly).

djewel6 0

yeah foster parents have licenses but that don't mean crap plenty of then are abusive and money hungry sobs as well. not all are altruistic in there desires to help kids and what not