By rinakitty94 - 29/06/2015 17:30 - United States - Sunset

Today, my fiancé heard I was having a rotten day at work. He stopped by the flower shop and bought me a lovely rose which I put right next to my work station. That is until a giant wasp flew out and stung me. I still have a swollen arm hours later. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 214
You deserved it 2 243

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you have a caring husband. It's the thought that counts! ^^

Tell that wasp to bee nice to you next time.

Comments

91hayek 31

Your fiance is the man. Why would a wasp be in a rose? They don't even pollinate things. Spiteful little *****.

Because they are evil little ***** who live on making everyone miserable

Shadowblast423 3

Cause it is Louisiana and wasps are everywhere sometimes. -_- Little Bastards

kayla2228 14

It's the thought that counts!

That was a very sweet thought. Hopefully in the long run you'll remember the gesture more than the sting. I hope your arm gets better fast.

At least he cares about you and tried to make your crappy work day a little better.

... and then you found out you're allergic.

amileah13 26

Aww! That sweet of him to do that for you even though it made things worse for your day :/ it's a sweet gesture on his part and it's the thought that counts!

It's the thought that counts! Feel better OP.

Go against intuition and put a heat pad or a hot water bottle (as hot as you can bear, not so hot it gives you burns) on the swollen area. The heat destroys the poison and the swelling and itching should be gone soon after. I hope your day gets better!

This is really interesting, I would've never thought to put heat on a sting.

From a study I found on the interwebs: "Locally administrated concentrated heat leads to fast amelioration of symptoms. Usually an absence of symptoms is noticeable 10 minutes after administration. Pain reduction is the dominant effect. Compared with alternatives of pruritus and pain treatment after insect bites/stings, [heat] seems to be the fastest treatment option available."

it's the thought that counts. you've got a keeper there, OP.

Those wasps are the devil. Get your man to kiss it better when you get home! (: