By Chemist-why - 30/01/2015 15:11 - United States - San Francisco

Spicy
Today, my fiancé and I were having sex. In the middle of it he said, "I want us to be covalent bonds". I didn't understand what he meant, and he actually stopped to explain it to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 574
You deserved it 8 885

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess it's more of a hydrogen bond now, right? Not so strong.

Lebeaugars95 20

Chemistry just isn't your thing, Na mean?

Comments

Ionic bonding would have been more romantic surely? He gave you something (a ring) and now you'll always be attracted to each other.

True, but at least covalent bonds are strong (;

Bulldozer36 21

Ionic bonds are much easier to break so covalent bond is the proper usage here.

I'm in 8th grade and I know what that means. Either you forgot or youre a not so smart chemist. Or you just didn't know. But I totally feel like that's something i would do

Hello, you're IN SCHOOL. It's fresh in your mind. I bet that if you were, for example, going into chemistry and got a job in that field, that you would not remember several things about global history after time.

Dude, me and my husband do stuff like that all the time. we can have serious conversations while having sex and still keep going. I don't see why this is an FML... So I vote YDI because you should be able to have a strong enough connection to him to have a conversation, even during sex.

merryhappy1887 20

If I was him I'd call off the wedding. YDI!

Reeeeeally!??? I''ve been married to a chemist for five years, and hadn't had chemistry for 10 years before that. I could see this exact scenario playing out. And we'd laugh about it. And I'd probably even write an fml...but it'd be in good humor. Her lack of chemistry knowledge isn't exactly indicative of a weak relationship.

not everybody is an expert of chemistry.

On the bright side you learned something new

Value the intellectual aspect of him. Lots of idiots aren't passionate about their chosen paths.

Adrian_Robber 6

I find this hilarious I just learned about ionic and covalent bonds in science CD the chances of this happening