By Cherie - 07/12/2010 18:25 - United States

Today, my daughter told my son that Santa is not real. Of course, being a child, he started to cry. My only problem is, my son is 11 and my daughter is 6. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 179
You deserved it 6 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

So??? Some kids hang on to Santa longer than others it's not a big deal. What is a big deal is that you seem to think this is a problem. Were you hoping he'd wait until he was married and his wife could explain it to him?

I think the OP's main concern is that their 6 year old figured it out before their ten year old. That and the fact that most children figure out the truth about Santa before they even hit double digits. The OP may also have thought that their son already knew the truth so it's now a little disconcerting to have him crying over the knowledge that there is no Santa.

Hahahahaha that is the funniest shit ever! Wow.

I knew this FML would be instant fuel for that semi-true argument.

why did you say Santa was true in the first place?

monnanon 13

Because santa not only brings a bit more magic to xmas but is also a powerful parenting tool when i comes to teaching your kids not to be naughty. There's no words that filled me with more dread as a kid than "im going to call santa and tell him what you have done." Its a harmless fun thing to believe in, I still write santa on gifts we do at work. Its an anonymous secret santa but most are left with no from.

kcTornado 0

why? cuz he cried?? wow I hope you do yourself a favor and voluntarily sterilize... might have a "gay" oh no that would be terrible! *rolling eyes*

Man, this made my morning - your daughter is awesome! :)

0neLove 0

Haha, aw. Some kids just mature faster than others!

YDI for having an easily-deluded, gullible tard for a son, and for having a trouble-making, know-it-all meaniehead for a daughter. You should have punched them both.

freckles92 0

bahahahaha that's historical!!!

Arsonnist 3

It sure is. People will look back to this day and think to themselves how great their ancestors were.