By FreakedOut - 31/07/2009 08:03 - United States

Today, my dad told me he was planning to have his steady girlfriend over for dinner. He's only had a few relationships since he and my mom split up when I was very young, so I was excited to meet the woman. He then told me that I knew her already. My dad is dating my aunt on my mothers side. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 096
You deserved it 2 822

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

th3rapy 0

You're not alone. One of my friends is in the same situation. Only her father & aunt are now married and have a kid she has to frequently babysit, in between houses.

You're dad is awesome, deciding your mom wasn't good enough and going after her sister.

ofcoarse on your mothers side he would not date his own sister ^o) but that sux..

I'm beyond in love with my wife's sister. We've known each other for years, she's lived with us for more than five. I've supported her through a messy divorce, helped raise her child, supported her financially and emotionally. We've cried and laughed together and have gone through so many shared experiences. She's one of the most important people in my entire life. I would die or kill for her, she means so much. I love my wife, she's beautiful and sweet. But if she and I were split as the original poster's parents did, heck yeah I'd marry her sister in a heartbeat. I'm positive she feels the same, though we don't even flirt or talk about our feelings. We're connected in a deeply emotional way. Even my wife has told me that sometimes she thinks I married the wrong sister. Hearts and love are funny things sometimes. If OP's dad has been alone for so long, why begrudge him a chance at happiness? He couldn't have made a choice like that lightly, "coming out" was probably very difficult for him. I hope everyone comes out of this happy and fulfilled.

naoanaxtosox 0

uhmm one thing i dont think you had to say my aunt "on my mothers side" cause i doont think that your dad would date his sister so that part is self explainable. just made me think you were kinda slowww