By Anonymous - 11/11/2012 03:10 - Canada

Today, my dad offered to pay me $40 to wash his car. Needing money to buy a video game, I agreed, and went out in the freezing weather to do the job. I finished the task, only to be paid in Monopoly money. My dad still hasn't gotten over how "funny" his prank was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 200
You deserved it 3 915

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Troll dad! Next time, make sure he pays you before hand. Plus, you should have figured there was a catch when he offered you 40 bucks just to wash his car.

Comments

Go switch it with money in his wallet while he sleeps...

naughtylez82 4

Did he ever give you real money? No? Put the Monopoly money in his wallet and take the forty he owes you.

Or you could just ask him if he can break change for a $20 (assuming he gave 2 $20's) on different occasions.

Sally2dicks21 8

Too good. I have to remember thid one

Your dad is a champion... I need to buy monopoly and pull that shit on my kids

xXxIracebethxXx 14

It's not THAT original a joke...

Not to mention, it's not nice either. As a parent do you really want to set the example that you can go back on your word? It just breeds more liars and thieves in the long run. Unless you say 'just joking, here's the money I promised. Since we did in fact make a deal an you held up your end'

lol did u buy the house u landed on next?

When your dad isn't looking change all the money in his wallet for monopoly money, he pranked you only fair you prank him back.

I'm pretty sure that's illegal - to not pay somebody for doing work at a pre-arranged price.

TheDrifter 23

Always determine the currency of the transaction in writing before considering the contract compete. Or just realize that he's likely to troll you.