By Anonymous - 30/05/2015 04:23 - United States - Boaz

Today, my dad met my boyfriend. It took less than 10 seconds for him to accuse my boyfriend of being a "queer" because his handshake was "too limp". FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 816
You deserved it 3 685

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell your dad "Fortunately for me, he's other thing isn't too limp". I bet he won't think he's a queer anymore!! He might kill him tho...

brendejafulable 41

I hope you prepared him before.

Comments

raysmith121 10

If he can't give your dad a respectable hand shake the. He doesn't deserve you.

1. Some Dads are dicks. They choose a victim, and try to elicit a look of dismay on their face. They find that expression more rewarding than a baby's smile. If your dad is such a person, the 'gay' is just a convenient slur; in a few year's he'll be using 'paedophile'. Either way, if that's your Dad's character, you should have recognised it and warned the bf ahead of time. 2. Some boyfriends are dicks. If he's a player, a small challenge is often enough to have him go hunting where it's easier. So he leaves you before breaking your heart rather than after. Parenting accomplished. 3. If he doesn't have the character to withstand a small challenge from your dad, he probably doesn't have the character to be more than a fair weather friend. Best to dissuade him in the first place. Expect this sort of challenge via your dad. This is your opportunity to judge the bf's character too. See how he handles stress and often unexpected challenges.

You sound like a cocky, overconfident a-hole who wants his opinions to be more then that.

Dear OP.... Sorry that you're dating a woman

Dude take your Dad's advice and run. you don't want a pansy ass who can't even shake a hand. ew.

Tell your BF that the next time he shakes hands with your father he should compliment him on his strong, masculine handshake. (preferrably in a low seductive voice). Always mess with the minds of ignorant people!

Lightning_Farron 11

You're grammar should of been has good as hearse.

I learned from a cop to always have a firm handshake. I've never given a wimpy handshake since then and that was a couple years ago.

Your boyfriend deserves it OP. It's not hard to give a firm handshake.

You must be from the south...cause that's TRUE! Lol