By Anonymous - 30/01/2016 21:54

Today, my dad decided I was too hairy and taught me to shave. This would be a great bonding experience if I weren't a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 860
You deserved it 2 351

Same thing different taste

Top comments

theoldman 22
fpants2010 18

It could still be a great bonding experience! As a side note, have you considered waxing or bleaching?

Comments

what if it was the hair on your scalp? :o

Kudos to your dad for being cool enough to show you rather than trying to keep you from growing up and/or turning strictly Tom Boy. however, if facial - definitely wax...hopefully there is a quality spa nearby that you're able to go to. Heck, if you've got the funds to do it regularly - I recommend waxing versus shaving for anywhere on the body.

You say "turning strictly tom boy" as though it's a bad thing. It's really not. We should all be rebelling against these strict and time consuming beauty rituals. It's better for your mental health to not be at war with the inevitable growth of your natural healthy body hair, not to mention leaving it alone saves lots of time and money. And honestly, I think accepting the inevitability of your body hair is probably more grown up than engaging in a futile battle against it. It's also more mature to stop caring what other people think about your appearance. I mean, maintaining hygiene is important, but hair removal is a matter of fashion rather than hygiene.

Don't shave, the hair will only get thicker and come back more frequently. Wax!!

awildwhisper 30

That's not true. You'd have to grow more hair follicles in your skin for that to happen. That doesn't happen.

It does not grow back thicker. The ends are just more blunt instead of tapered.

girls should never shave. it makes the hairs grow in harder. if it bothers you wax it off or use depilatory cream. :)

Girls should do what they want! Waxing is painful and cream stinks, if girls decide they don't want visible hair they can experiment and decide what's best for them. Plus saying hair will 'grow in harder' is incorrect.

If you are interested in getting rid of facial hair, I'd highly recommend electrolysis. It took about a year of sessions every two or three weeks to get my eyebrows done, but I haven't had to pluck or reshape my eyebrows in the last five years. It's a great time saver.

Don't feel obligated to shave, just be you! If you do shave, make sure you're doing it for yourself and nobody else. All the best, OP.

Don't most Dads teach their sons to shave? I hope you're talking facial hair

Queen_of_Night 20

Just because no one else mentioned this, have you been screened for Polycystic ovarian syndrome? Facial hair is one of the signs that your estrogen levels are low. I would talk to your doctor to make sure all your hormones are fine. It's not usually normal for a woman to grow that much facial hair.