By Anonymous - 30/01/2016 21:54

Today, my dad decided I was too hairy and taught me to shave. This would be a great bonding experience if I weren't a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 861
You deserved it 2 351

Same thing different taste

Top comments

theoldman 22
fpants2010 18

It could still be a great bonding experience! As a side note, have you considered waxing or bleaching?

Comments

I would thank your father. Women keep this as a shameful secret, some women either have darker, thicker, or more abundant (all together more noticeable body hair). Most people will be polite and try to pretend it's not there, it's good to know if you look, act, or appear different than other people. It gives you the option of choosing how to deal with it. Also you can watch some videos on YouTube of women shaving for the first time. Oddly enough I think they were the same girls who tried wearing men's boxer shorts for the first time that I just commented about lol. PS It's especially hard for men to offer grooming advice to women, and not knowing you he could well meant to help. If you don't have a hairy face less chance of problems. Honestly a chin and knee aren't that dissimilar when it comes to shaving.

mzdaisylynn 12

My dad does the same thing. He's always commenting on my eyebrows. Too long and it needs to be trimmed. He will grab scissors and cut them for me. Sheesh

Your dad is kind of a jerk for "deciding" you need a shave. Pretty cool of him if you complained about your body hair though.

Don't forget to use aftershave lotion.

Everyone's saying it's so nice of her father to teach her to shave, but the thing is that she wasn't the one who decided she didn't want body hair, he did. He's forcing his preferences on her. If she really wanted to shave then 1) she could have googled how herself and 2) this wouldn't be on fml. **** compulsory hairlessness. Women should be able to just let our body and/or facial hair do its thing without judgment. If leaving your body hair alone is hygienic for men, it's hygienic for women. There's no difference between male hair and female hair besides quantity.

After he taught you, did your brother walk in on you shaving?

BloodyGlass 10

If you don't want to shave, you don't have to. You do what feels good for you, so whether your father thought you were 'too hairy' or not was his opinion, and just an opinion.

well, do you have a mom to show you? If not, (actually even if so) you should be glad your dad was trying to teach you a life skill. He was just trying to be a good dad, and teach you what you need to know.