By art_major - 25/05/2011 14:06 - United Kingdom

Today, my dad came to my graduate art show wearing a t-shirt saying "My other daughter is a science major". He'd had it specially made. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 859
You deserved it 7 624

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Get one that says "My other dad is less of an asshole". and wear it everywhere with him.

dudeitsdanny 9

Art is very hit or miss. She COULD be rich and famous.. Or she could end up working in retail or fastfood to make ends meet. Science almost always guarantees you a job.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
kasumii 1

You're a moron. People can do whatever they want. Not everyone wants to be worthwhile to the dumb society.

if you can make money of something you like doing, why wouldn't you??

Danij101 0

I saw both of your comments, what are you bipolar!?!?

123, we LIVE in and heavily rely on society, and while there are some hermits out there who try to dissociate themselves from society, for those of us who need society to provide us with food, water and electricity, it generally pays to interact positively with it. as far as the science jobs>art jobs argument goes, while art is very dodgy and there are plenty more starving artists, actors, musicians and authors than successful ones, science is also pretty competitive in the uk (where op comes from) and even if you do get into uni and secure one of the limited jobs out there, you mostly get paid a pittance and are employed by a faceless corporation or the government, either of whom can cut funding for your project pretty much whenever they feel like it leaving you up shit creek without a paddle. welcome to science.

Sounds like your dad may be brothers with Family Guy. haha too funny!

angelsara91 0

ur at a art thing, spill paint on the shirt n ruin it. :)

At an art thing* Jesus Christ, reading your comment made my brain hurt.

That's a great idea, 6, but there generally is not wet paint at an art show. Mostly finished work.

loveorhate90 0
SkyHiLyfe_808 0

I didn't post an idea involving paint..

SkyHiLyfe_808 0

Hahaha. Wow. Well, we know where his loyalties lie... Or he could be a jokester. I mean, he did show up to support you too.

TheDrifter 23

Actually that would just improve the joke.

shakeTHEworld 12

i totally understand how your feeling right now. My parents also dont approve the course i'm taking right now (business) since they want me to become like them and study medicine.

Woah woah woah!! Wait up! How do we know OP isn't a science major therefore dad could've been referring to her as his other daughter... wait that's no better...

sccrismyantidrg 4

I'm glad you didn't choose medicine since you can't even use correct grammar.

Do as they said. otherwise you will end up like me, who only gets one million dollars for annual bonus.

I doubt you make over 50k a year, let alone 1mill bonus. I don't like lies...

102- So she made a couple mistakes. Get over it. Speaking of Grammar Nazi, where is Snickerdoodle??

sccrismyantidrg 4

I'll get over it when people stop being so damn lazy and learn some basic grammar skills because it physically hurts my eyeballs to see these mistakes.

Get one that says "My other dad is less of an asshole". and wear it everywhere with him.

rldostie 19

I love this! Do this and he'll (probably) stop comparing you to your sister.

Lolpizza_fml 0

Yess totally! Tell him u had it SPECIALLY made!! ;))

kasumii 1

I want to do that so badly.

thebestof1984 0

That's where you get a teeshirt that reads I take after my father!

ramboman19 8

sounds like your dad likes to antagonize...