By Almostlovedchild - 20/01/2017 18:00

Today, my father made a post on Facebook with an old baby picture, saying how proud he was that I got into college. This would have been sweet if the baby picture was actually of me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 010
You deserved it 581

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My parents have done this, they confused a baby picture of my sister with me. She had light blonde hair from birth, I had dark brown hair from birth. Not sure how they mixed them up, even with the correct name written on the back of the photograph.

Comments

Maybe you were a "snuggly" baby. He might have done you a favor.

My parents have done this, they confused a baby picture of my sister with me. She had light blonde hair from birth, I had dark brown hair from birth. Not sure how they mixed them up, even with the correct name written on the back of the photograph.

Nobody else will notice - most babies can't be told apart. Just be glad someone is proud enough of you to post about it.

OP, my mother wasn’t able to see any difference between me and my sister's baby picture so she just devided the whole stack into two albums. It never crossed her mind that the black/white pics might be the ones of my 12 years older sis. I don't think it's too bad ;-) Always a fun fact for family reunions (and hey, he IS proud of you!:-))

num1piglover 13

My young sister and I look very similar in pictures, almost identical. You can only tell because I have blue eyes and she has brown eyes. If we had the small color eyes I can safely assume that there would be pictures no one would be able to tell apart.

The severity of this FML depends upon whether your father mixed up you and another relative, or simply put a stock photo of a random baby.

Don't feel bad, several years back my dad posted a picture of him holding me as a newborn with the caption "me and my little girl back in 19XX". I hadn't been born yet the year that he listed. I guess he had forgotten how old I was, too.

That sucks but let's be honest, all babies seem to bare a strong resemblance to wrinkly prunes so it could be an honest mistake. Don't read too much into it :) But still, who was it? Let's hope it was one of your siblings or else something very scandalous is about to happen.