By ashamed - 14/12/2014 02:02 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, my dad and grandpa came to a charity event that I helped set up for people who have autism. I appreciated their support, until I heard my dad say "Man, some of these 'tards are pretty hot." and my grandpa replying "Yeah. Probably like dead fish in bed, though." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 133
You deserved it 3 240

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dafuq? ... That is beyond insensitive. It's downright rude! Karma will take care of them accordingly.

Comments

That's terrible, but I can't help but to laugh at this fml, not because it's terrible, but because how ignorant they are

Guess we know who the true 'tards were at the charity

rabid_otaku 29

You do realize that by using that word as an insult you're still indirectly offending people with a disability? I get what you were trying to say, but you're actually calling autistic people as ignorant as OP's dad and grandpa, and though I can't speak for all of them since they are all individuals, most of them aren't.

MzZombicidal 36

I'd punch them both in the throat.

So actual physical violence is somehow more acceptable than making jokes in bad taste these days? Do you realize just how backwards that is?

PresAgent 23

With hatred like that, some people don't deserve to speak. Have you heard of high-functioning Autism?

The only hatred is from the self righteous types. A joke in bad taste has nothing to do with hatred. If you think that being offended gives you the right to inflict physical harm on others then you should probably go join Isis and behead yourself a few random civilians to make yourself feel better.

I get what you mean but I don't think that was a bad joke - it might not have been hatred but it was incredibly offensive and insensitive. It sounds like they did not think of people with Autism as human beings. I don't know about the violence thing - I get your point, but the sort of language they were using is disgraceful.

By the OP's own admission they didn't want to be there. They were probably feeling awkward and resorted to a bit of black humour to put themselves at ease. They made a personal joke between themselves which they probably didn't expect anyone else to hear.

xxreikoxx 31

Don't punch anybody in the throat, #19. No amount of ignorance and insensitivity is worth going to jail over, and two or more wrongs never make the first wrong right.

That's ******* hilarious, y'all are just sensitive

MzZombicidal 36

*shivers in the frigid winds of your badass attitude*

PresAgent 23

lmao bad troll is bad. Don't worry #22, you'll die sad and alone.

Your dad and grandpa shouldn't be at the event if they aren't supporting the cause.

They were merely making a few tasteless jokes to make an uncomfortable situation tolerable. People need to quit being so damn over-sensitive.

Agreed, people look for situations to be offended by. It's just another nail for the coffin for the self righteous hammer waver.

How exactly would you feel if you had Autism or any other mental condition where people constantly judge you and call you things like "retarded", and you went to an event specifically designed for people with that condition to be able to come together and show support, and there were people there making disgusting comments about people with your condition, spoiling the entire intent of that event? Maybe, just maybe, you would be somewhat sensitive about it.

meli1195 31

who said the situation was uncomfortable? and even if someone is in an uncomfortable situation, it is never ok to say such a disrespectful thing about others, especially if they are right there in hearing distance.

@26- You sound like an increasingly sociopathic troll with every comment you write. Try having empathy; and accept the fact that people have the right to be upset when elements of bigotry are played off as a joke. Adults behaving this distastefully is not ok.

xxreikoxx 31

Just to let you know #26, I'm also autistic. People have a right to be "oversensitive," as you so believe that they are. They at least have more of a heart than you do, you prick.

See my reply #50. Also the world would be a much better place if everyone learned to laugh at themselves from time to time. I am involved with quadriplegics and if anything they have traght me that inappropriate gallows humour is often a great coping tool. Sociopathic indeed.

xxreikoxx 31

Your comments are going to be buried by thumbs-down very soon...that's usually an indication that you should quit whilst you're behind.

Being on the wrong side of Internet democracy isn't exactly something to be afraid of - after all it is responsible for Gungam Style.

RedPillSucks 31

@52 apparently, working with quadriplegics havent taught you empathy. laughing at yourself is different than other people derisively laughing at you. im sure you call the people you work with gimps

jamienicole1993 32

Wow, that's so disrespectful. Even if they were joking it's still not okay.