By lord kuntface - 22/08/2013 21:33 - United States - Fort Myers

Today, my computer stopped connecting to the corporate network. I know what the problem is, but our tech support is so clueless that the only thing they do is utter the dreaded words, "Did you try turning it off and back on?" Meanwhile my boss is yelling at me for not getting any work done. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 622
You deserved it 3 546

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sometimes being smarter than everyone else is a curse

Maybe you should try turning it off and back on again. Oh, just kidding. Your boss sounds like an unreasonable person.

Comments

Try that...if it doesn't work then you can tell support what's wrong with it...then go from there if it didn't work...

Looks like your boss is as clueless as IT

DoctorWho4TW 8

YDI, dude. If you know the problem, fix it. No use bitching. And for the record, restarting your computer CAN help with that situation.

Have you tried unplugging the Internet and plugging it back in?

Have you checked to see if its plugged in? Haha. I love the IT Crowd.

Don't hate on the tech support when they ask totally reasonable questions. When you really do know what the Problem is you belong to the 1% of office clerks who do properly understand computer stuff. The biggest issue for tech supportists anywhere is located between keyboard and chair. Ah, and before I forget - replugging a Network cable is THE solution for most connection problems in offices. Deal with it.

been there. I was reported to my manager for fixing the local network for everyone after IT tech's couldn't. why? because I still was an intern.

afallingstar 22

Am I the only one who thought of the show IT Crowd when I saw this FML...

Obey_StudBoii 23

Then fix it yourself if you know what the problem is.