By lord kuntface - 22/08/2013 21:33 - United States - Fort Myers

Today, my computer stopped connecting to the corporate network. I know what the problem is, but our tech support is so clueless that the only thing they do is utter the dreaded words, "Did you try turning it off and back on?" Meanwhile my boss is yelling at me for not getting any work done. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 622
You deserved it 3 546

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sometimes being smarter than everyone else is a curse

Maybe you should try turning it off and back on again. Oh, just kidding. Your boss sounds like an unreasonable person.

Comments

olpally 32

Great username!! Lmao. just tell them what the **** is wrong! Christ, people are stupid.

lol the username was the first thing I noticed

Nurd4lyfe 7

Tell your boss to turn his computer off and then back on and see if your finished work appears

I know your pain OP. Know the problem but can't fix it. I'd say if anything just fix it when no one else is around and let it be. If it doesn't work out that way, then blame tech support lol. Plus your boss sounds like a tool.

Have the tech guys been watching IT crowd?

afallingstar 22

I just commented about that show...I thought of it as well...then I saw your post

I'm an IT specialist and I'd like to confess that sometimes we intentionally let the know-it-all folks suffer a bit before helping... Sorry

Geneside 8

sadly its true. the biggest assholes suffer the most >_>

They bring it upon themselves. I love users who "know what the problem is". Sadly the issue is not often what the genius on the other end of the phone thinks it is, but a problem between the keyboard and the back of the chair! Not all users are deserving of this treatment but some certainly do!

Tell the IT dweebs to get out of their office and fix it. if your boss is telling you to fix it make him put it in writing that he's authorizing you (non IT) to fix it and accepts full responsibility. He'll leave you alone and go find and IT guy to harass.

Ins0mau 20

Sometimes tech support are required to follow a script whether they want to or not. It can be just as frustrating for them. Then sometimes they are just stupid...

You lift sixteen tons and what do you get? Another day older, and deeper in debt.Now smile and greet the brand new day.

How is this relevant, to anything...O_o

perdix 29

Y'know, that works a lot of the time! You might try that before you think there's a conspiracy brewing to get rid of you. If that doesn't work, assume it's the conspiracy.

I use to be an IT intern. We have to go though steps too that the company puts down. Don't know if it is the same for OPs company.