By Mouse - 17/10/2012 23:15

Today, my college class was talking about Felix Baumgartner, who jumped from the edge of space down to earth. A boy suddenly put his head up and said in a serious tone, "I thought he jumped from the moon?" Several girls concurred. This is my generation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 517
You deserved it 2 374

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mowmowlife 21

It seems they don't understand the gravity of the situation.

flockz 19

if that was the case, screw jumping back to Earth. i don't want to live on this planet anymore anyway.

Comments

Naaa that's the adventures of Baron Von munchausen. And it was a silly comedy movie.

You better mention which college is yours, people can stay away from it, even in dreams.

conor12 5

I'm in the same generation were screwed btw

Absolutely correct. There are no idiots elsewhere in the world. There are only stereotyping, generalising twits like you. By the way, how did you find out this happened in America? Oh, do tell.

dellam 3

Wow the girls I can understand... But for a male to think he jumped from the moon.... Wow!

Alan, how the hell did you not moderate this? Unless you wanted to keep it up so everyone could bask in its rosy glow of sexism and stupidity...

When I talked to people about the jump, people were asking me to explain how he wouldn't burn up when he came back into the atmosphere. Apparently "freefall" can happen in the void called "space" too. And the stratosphere is the layer ABOVE the atmosphere. Oh, people are fun!

landcfan 6

Honestly, that confuses me too. I think that question's understandable. Thinking you can fall off the moon and hit Earth... not so much.

... Free fall can happen in space, do you think that just because you are outside of the atmosphere gravity goes away? How would we get satellites to work if that wasn't the case? To be in orbit is to be in a constant state of free fall. And if they didn't realize he was in the stratosphere, and just though that he fell from the "edge of space" which could be interpreted as outside the atmosphere, than the second question is also valid.

mimiminx 23

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that he didn't jump from the 'edge of space' either and that no such thing exists...

natalia18oo 12

Well I have no idea who the heck that is, and seeing how they both sound impossible I'd have probably agreed with the kid as well!