By PuddlePirate - 07/09/2012 16:23 - United States - Mountain Iron

Today, my co-worker and I were having a conversation in Russian. Our boss overheard us talking, shouted, "I know you're talking about me! I speak Spanish too!" and threatened to fire us. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 640
You deserved it 3 434

Same thing different taste

Comments

3pi 6

Russian doesn't sound anything like Spanish LOL well then maybe u should speak English at work from now on.

While I understand that Russian and Spanish sound nothing alike, in most office spaces you have to speak to local language. For the OP that's English. While your boss may be an idiot, it was in their rights to yell at you for not speaking in English. Even if it's a private conversation it's rude. When my roommate walks in during a conversation I'm already having with someone I switch to English.

bfsd42 20

While clubbing seals is bad enough, being ignorant enough that to think that someone should speak your language just for you is just foolish.

3pi 6

I work with Spanish ppl and not knowing what they say while I'm there I gotta admit, it sucks.

71 in public you're right. In the workplace you're not.

actually sonny jim, he was never in the right to threaten them with termination and scream at them. if hed understood what they were saying, and what language it was, maybe. but seeing as he doesnt, hes just an asshole yelling at two people

JustDerpin 11

¿Cómo estas? Damn, I can never remember where the accents go. :p

You're so vain. You probably think this conversation is about you.

TheDrifter 23

Ask him all your questions today in Spanish, might as well have fun on your last day.

JustDerpin 11

Yes OP, ask him if he has una fiesta in his pantalones. ;)

wildsweetchild 19

Дурачок этот ваш бос...he obviously not only can't speak Spanish, he can't tell it apart from completely different language, in this case Russian.

Tshegs19 1

what a moron...russian doesnt sound anything like Spanish, pfft

Night777 4

I speak Russian and my mom knows some Spanish and my friends know alot of spanish and I can honestly say that they sound nothing alike and your boss is an idiot for mistaking them.

im russian and its true it doesnt sound anything like spanish