By Anonymous - 03/08/2016 18:01 - United States - Albuquerque

Today, my car broke down in the middle of nowhere. I walked about 3 miles to the nearest house to call a tow truck. When I got back to where I left my car, it was gone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 239
You deserved it 1 253

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe you're part of the world's greatest magic trick.

Sounds like the ominous Middle-of-Nowhere Triangle. Get out of there quickly!

Comments

If you were able to walk 3 miles to a house, how was it the middle of nowhere? Walking three miles may take up to a hour but driving it'd take maybe 5 mins, if that. Using that frame of mind, someone else could have called the cops or a cop could have passed by assuming it was abandoned. Thus your car was towed in the 2 plus hours you were gone.

It takes me 45 minutes to walk 2 miles from my high school to my house and that's with a lot of uphill. If a house is 3 miles away that's actually pretty far.

just because there's a house three miles away doesn't mean it's not in the middle of nowhere. houses are easily few and far between once you get out a certain distance/into the country/whatever.

Ha! #22. Now, in the future you can tell your kids that you walked to/from school "up hill!" And not be lying.

You mean you didn't just use your dandy car phone?! What is this, the early 21st century circa 2016?

Some people can't afford to pay for a cell phone bill. You'd be surprised by how many people who don't have cell phones.

A car phone is a phone integrated with a car and popular in the '80s. I was jokingly acting shocked that the OP didn't have one instead of being shocked over the lack of a cell phone.

How many Pokemon eggs did you hatch?

If he was able to play Pokemon Go, then he would have been able to call a tow truck company with his phone instead of walking three miles to call them.

Probably towed. (Yeah I'm realistic I'm too tired to be sarcastic!)

You might just have found yourself stranded...in The Twilight Zone.

Did the house belong to Eustace and Muriel Bagge? Cause creepy stuff happens in Nowhere.

species4872 19

Alien abduction. Your car is now being probed and dissected.

Yeah I spent some time in Gallup NM for work last summer. One of the guys on my crew had his bike stolen out of his truck (it was chained/padlocked down). Two other guys had had their tailgates stolen off their trucks. But we were working in one of the most impoverished counties in the nation, so the theft rate was pretty high. There are parts of NM that are pretty safe though. I wonder where OP was?

you had a car but not a cellphone to call a towing company?

Are phones required for driving? Dammit! I have been naughty since I don't always take my phone with me on short trips. Dodged some bullets, I guess. Whew.