By _guy_j - 06/09/2015 03:11 - United States - Glendora

Today, my brother got a job as an Uber driver. Now, whenever I need a ride from him, he insists I pay him money through the app. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 246
You deserved it 3 381

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The only reason he wants you to pay through the app is so he can look better as an Über driver. Help your bro out.

mif_fml 27

Comments

As he should. That's his job and he could be getting paid work while he's driving you around for free. It's a job thats costs fuel money along with the normal costs of keeping cars in check (rego, road worthy and maintenance) It's perfectly fine for him to charge you for the service of his regular job. You wouldn't expect your family to give you free food or products just because they work at a store. Why is driving different?

Today, my brother got a job as a waiter. Now, whenever I need a meal from him, he insists I pay him money. FML Today, my brother got a job as a doctor. Now, whenever I need medicine from him, he insists I pay him money. FML You deserve it for being a parasite, OP. Uber drivers make no money as it is. He shouldn't work for free because you're too cheap to pay him.

middlenamefrank 8

I guess I don't understand the problem. You're thinking he owes you drives all over town for free? How's that work?

It also depends on how far... If I have to drive an hour round way trip I want that time to be compensated (I could be doing anything else or having someone who will pay me and take them somewhere), not just gas money for the ride. Not to mention factoring in oil changes, car maintenance... Etc etc.

I'm sure he'll let you off for some road head

From the wording of the FML it sounds like he often gives your rides. This leads to one of two conclusions: 1: You weren't paying him for gas etc. when given rides, in which case - good for him, you're a leach. 2: You were paying him, and your objection is that he wants you to use the app in the future. If this is the case, then use the app. What does it matter how you pay him?

YDI for thinking you're entitled to free shit. He should charge double for you.