By Jade - 25/04/2011 13:49 - United Kingdom

Today, my boyfriend proposed to me in front of an entire street of people. We've only been dating for a week. One of the women in the crowd then called me heartless and threw a hamburger at me when I turned him down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 358
You deserved it 9 654

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ouch. gotta love random strangers. I feel bad for him though. even if it was only a week.

Comments

islandcarrie 2

what happen to moving in together first?

tifa608 4

Ur a bitch because u may think ur doing the right thing by sayin no cuz yall been datin for like a week but even tho he maybe mr.right he may never ask u again now

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

Grow up. Life is not a fairy tale; most women actually have free will in the real world.

pinkybear7 0

damn you took the words right outta my mouth, girl.

You're a cold hearted biatch. Did you eat the burger??

Bitch. It probably came from his heart, and you had to shut him down. I feel bad for the guy. YDI for turning him down, 1 week can mean a lot to some people.

itsgen 16

were u in a meaningful week relationship?

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

Yes, because her personal feelings apparently hold no true meaning, she should do exactly what any random weirdo that is obsessed with her wants. I'm guessing you've spontaneously proposed to someone yourself.

yeah I did spontaneously propose after 1 week. I'm still married to the same woman, and 4 kids later and 8 years of marriage, we're still happy. I don't believe in long term relationships. For me, it's 2 weeks or nothing. When you reach dating over 6 months, that's starting to push it. Over 2 or 3 years, of dating, you should be engaged already, and if you're engaged for over a year, then you aren't committed, since most people spend that 1 year or more just trying to make all the money to pay for the wedding that may or may not last. People who live together while engaged, let alone dating, isn't to me, right. If you live with your fiancee, that's just an excuse for going steady sometimes, and most relationships don't work out b/c of it. All in all, that's my opinion about why she shouldn't have turned him down. Long story, but overall, that's my reasoning behind my comment.

Some people do the whole whirlwind romance thing. It worked out well for you and your wife, congrats on that. But most people prefer to spend more than one week getting to know a person before they agree to make a legal and binding contract to share their life with them. Even if they had been together for more than a week, just because he asked her to marry him, doesn't mean she was obligated to say yes. It's a question, not a demand, and she had the right to refuse.

She cold hearted really? Marriage isn't a one person desicion, she has an opinion too. It would be selfish, it is selfish to call her a bitch becuase she doesnt want to marry him. If a girl said no to me it's her choice just becuase i asked dosen't require an instant yes, i would be upset but wouldn't she be upset then if she said yes?maybe she just has diffrent veiws on marriage

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

Or maybe she just wanted to casually date someone. Whether you plan to marry or not, I doubt anyone is willing to get hitched unexpectedly after just one week. You'd have to be very desperate, or very religious, and in serious need of a reality check.

All I can say to those of you accusing OP of being a heartless, cold bitch and all that is that you people are hypocritical assfaces. Ladies, like you'd say yes if you were in her place. So I assume you'd also say yes if some guy you'd never spoken to walked up and proposed, just out of the desire to avoid being called a bitch, right? STFU, you hypocrite ******. And guys, f you too. Let's see you propose to some girl you hardly know/have dated for a short time and see how it goes. 99.9 percent of the time she'd say hell no and walk away. All of you can grow the hell up and shut your damn motuhs. OP, it's great that you understand you have a mind of your own. You're smart enough to understand that just because a guy asks you to marry him that you are not required to say yes. Even if it were a guy you'd dated for years, if you didn't feel that way about him, it'd be fine to say no, and anyone who judges you is a hypocrite and an asshole. Keep going as you are. You'll be fine.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

I'm guessing the peeps here calling her a bitch are all guys that have either tried the same thing OPs boyfriend tried, or they're secretly him using multiple accounts, trying to rack up some sympathy.

i think that boy doesn't wanna come out of the closet in front of his family so he's looking for a quick wedding so they get off his back for a while!

Haha...where was the hamburger from?? ;)