By storyofmylife - 23/02/2011 21:52 - United States

Today, my boyfriend proposed to me. Everything was going perfectly, right up until he brought me back to his house to tell his family the good news. When I excused myself to the restroom, I overheard his mom say, "I thought you were going to break up with that stupid slut?" Welcome to the family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 504
You deserved it 4 001

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Before you marry into this family, you should have a frank discussion with your fiancé and let him know that you expect him to stand up for you to his mother - and anyone else - who would say disparaging things about you. Since his mother has been identified as a potential problem, he should speak with her in private ASAP to inform her that he didn't appreciate what she said and that further comments of that nature will not be tolerated. Good luck.

What a bitch. You should go out of your way to piss her off for the rest of her life. >:]

Comments

MissxTickles 0

unless she slept with u, how can she for sure tell u r even a ****. logical twist to make her look stupid

Agree with #4. If he didn't defend you, he agrees with his mum.

On movie night bring over Throw Mama From the Train!

chocolatedream 0

it's so not worth it op! if the mom is saying things about u right now then later on it could be even worse

mattitucklove01 0

please don't marry him, it's never going to work,his mother will never change her views on the way she feels about you! you will have problems for the rest of your life. Honestly ! and seriously your future husband must have said something to his mom about you being a ****, where else would she have come up with a idea like that ! if it didn't come from him! So really do you want to marry someone like that ! please think about this, your talking about your future here and your future children with this man who really thinks your a **** . Can you live with a man who thinks your a ****!

Sinkhole 26

Although I think that she should have a long talk with her fiancé, I wouldn't say for sure that he called her a **** in front of his mother. Some people use that word without a reason, merely as an insult, just because they don't like that person. So, it wouldn't be a surprise if his mother used the word '****' without even knowing anything about her.

Be overly nice to her. Marry your man and go about your life. If she really hates you then the thing you can do to get back at her the most is to make her little boy happy. If he wants to marry you then he obviously isn't a momma's boy ( a very good thing) and loves you very much. Making her put on a fake smile and have to work hard to be around you is the best way to get back at her! You marry the person, not the family at the end of the day.

I couldn't agree more! My mother is a world class bitch, and if my wife decided not to marry me because of her, I'd be screwed. Just smother the bitch with niceness, it will piss her off so much but she can't do anything about it!

mattitucklove01 0

seriously wishful thinking, she will have problems forever you dumb ass !

sargeantbilko 5

you can't kill an ass with kindness.

marry him be happy and don't bother with her just live life ur marrying him not his mum an she not gonna live with u guys

well are you a ****? if the shoe fits! if you are a "good" girl let your future huband tell them all they are wrong

you say that but he could be a "momma's boy" then she's in for a marriage og pain in the ass comments

Nellygirl 0

Ooops! 0_0 I ment that to b a reply to someone!!! :|