By random guy - 30/03/2016 06:49 - United States - Las Vegas

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend of 3 years. She responded by drinking all the alcohol in sight, falling unconscious and pissing herself. Six hours later, she said that I was too immature and that's why it would never work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 119
You deserved it 1 864

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't understand why people stay in relationships if they don't want it to last long time. FYL OP

Comments

I don't understand why people stay in relationships if they don't want it to last long time. FYL OP

I can understand it somewhat, but it should definitely be discussed and made known. The shocker for me is the 3 years.

People can stay in a relationship for years without getting married. Marriage just isn't for everyone.

I think they're talking about just being together for the long run, marriage or not. I was, really. Marriage and just future plans need to be discussed, some people just want some fun and don't want a lasting relationship, and that should be made known to try to prevent heartbreak. But as I said, 3 years is a bit strange for that unless it was more of a "let's see how it goes" thing.

Some people like to keep whatever's their best current option, continue shopping, and then do a trade-in for an upgrade when they find something they perceive as better. Happened to me once.

MikaykayUnicorn 36

I agree. If she wasn't looking for life-long commitment, that should have been addressed in the beginning of the relationship.

Duh! She's old enough to drink alcohol. That's what makes you mature, isn't it?

Good, you don't wanna marry that anyways

It would never work? What's the point of wasting not only yours but her time for 3 years if she knew it wasn't going to go anywhere.

damn you let a real good one go right there...

You deserve so much better than her, OP. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

What if he wants cattle instead of fish though?

no, it's probably true love, he should fight for it! LOL

Wow OP, it is hard being turned down. At least you know that this relation leads nowhere. The both of you are going in different directions and you should split. I hope you find a partner, who wants to share the rest of her life with you.