By Anonymous - 06/09/2014 22:19 - United States - Cottonwood

Today, my boyfriend canceled his plans to attend my father's wake, not even 10 minutes after he found out there won't be any alcohol on offer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 990
You deserved it 4 128

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Not gonna say break it off, but this may make you want to think very hard about him.

Rosebudx 32

Cancel your plans to be his girlfriend?

Comments

RedPillSucks 31

Either your dad was so mean that your boyfriend needs lots of alcohol to be around his rotting corpse, or your boyfriend doesn't really care about you enough to be supportive during your grief.

I'm sorry for your loss. You do need find another partner.

How immature and selfish of him. Ugh ! Sorry for your loss, OP.

I am so sorry this happened to you. I hope you have someone to support you during this tough time, and that you either dump your boyfriend, or that he learns to man up and support you. No one should have to go to a wake alone, especially one of a close family member.

Alcohol isn't always best to have at a wake/funeral it may cause more deaths

In Ireland, it's not totally unheard of for pubs to host wakes if the publican/owner is related to the family or was good friends of the deceased...Although, this can be considered inappropriate by a lot, especially if the person died and they were, or if someone in the family is, an alcoholic...Also, OP's boyfriend is a pig and has no consideration for her or her family!

Soloras_fml 6

I'm sorry for your loss. It may be time to think about your relationship with this insensitive person.

Sounds like you are dating an alcoholic. You may want to dump him before he ruins your life.