By Sir Smokalot - 24/09/2009 08:05 - France

Today, my boyfriend and I were visiting his parents. When we got there, I hugged his mother, and she glared at me. Later that day, I heard her telling her son that he should leave me because I smell like cigarettes, and she hates smokers. I don't smoke, my boyfriend does. He did all the way there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 205
You deserved it 2 888

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bullshet 0

Your bf sounds like a douche. He's willing to ruin your reputation just so he doesn't get in trouble with his mother? That's pretty low.

Comments

_THE_MASTER_ 0

that **** needs to get over herself. honestly. If that had been either one of my parents, I'd tell them very politely to go **** themselves. In those words exactly. I mean, honestly, if she thinks that is a viable reason to break things off with someone, she needs to go die in a fire.

It would be a viable reason if it were her partner (but then she shouldn't be dating them in the first place, which if she did, yeah, she can go diaf) As it is not, then indeed. She can't control her son's life and make his choices if he lives away from her. She's also stupid for not realizing it's him who's smoking. That's her damned son...

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

Mercy! :O We didn't know you had a nun fetish. You take the Catholic School Girl roleplay up a whole other level.

"that **** needs to get over herself. honestly. If that had been either one of my parents, I'd tell them very politely to go **** themselves. In those words exactly. I mean, honestly, if she thinks that is a viable reason to break things off with someone, she needs to go die in a fire." It's not that that's not a viable reason, but that it's none of the mother's business. Smoking can be a viable reason, although if they were smoking when you met them and you knew it, and didn't want to go out with a smoker, then you probably shouldn't have started going out in the first place. I can't stand the smell of smoke (actually, I don't mind the smell of tobacco so if you roll it yourself, I can live with that, but the pre-rolled ones you get at the store are all mostly nasty) and passive smoking is highly unpleasant and unhealthy. Also, a person may not want to invest too much of their time, energy, and emotions into someone who doesn't take care of their own health. I'm not saying it's a reason someone SHOULD break up with someone, it depends on the individuals, but it's a valid one. Mum should keep out of it, however.

She prolly smells like smoke because her boyfriend smoked right at her clothes and face? =S

Something similar happened to me. My ex-boyfriend's mom found my birth control and told him I was sleeping around...because heaven forbid her preacher son be sexually active before marriage! He never told her the truth. Notice I said "ex"

If he didn't defend you immediately by confessing, then you deserve everything you get if you choose to stay with him. He should not let his mother think lowly of you. It says volumes if he lets her think that you smoke. Luck be with you.

valeria_07 0

its kind of odd, i wrote this... im from tennessee.... but i got a laugh out of the comments. its not that he didnt say anything, he did. even made a refrence to my teeth. his mother is out to get me. she says a man can smoke but a woman who does is improper and doesnt know her place... but we were only there to tell her shes becoming a grandmother. ponder on that a moment and the conversations after. she was talking seriously about raising our child for us, "adopting it even" was a phrase i remember.

Lichinamo 33

I hope that you keep/kept that child. I can't stand when people say men can do things, but it's "wrong" when women do it. When I was in an assembly once, the man who was speaking to us was doing different characters, and the girl character he did got suspended from school because she cussed out the vice principal. But the vice principal had told her to 'learn her place as a woman and shut her mouth'. I know this doesn't have anything to do with judging people because of their sex, but's it's pretty damn close, so I don't really care.

You let your boyfriend smoke around you while you were pregnant? Do you have any idea how bad that is for the baby? Not to mention you and your boyfriend.

he shouldn't of let you take the blame!