By Nanda - 14/06/2016 06:03 - Canada - Surrey

Today, my boss hired a new meat cutter because our old one stopped showing up for work. After he put the smock on, I told him what needed to be done. Without saying a word, he walks over to my boss, hands him his smock and says, "I quit." Guess I'm on my own. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 429
You deserved it 1 151

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Are you showing him how to cut human meat by any chance?

This is your chance to really show your boss what you are capable of. Work hard and I'm sure it will all work it in the end. Stay in there OP.

Comments

Seeing no reason for him to quit, I'm going to assume 1. You said what he needed to do rudely, or 2. He is a sexist person and does not like to be told what to do by a women, or 3. The job was not what he expected it to be.

Ask around and see if any of your friends are looking for a job. Maybe you can recommend someone to your manager. This way, he gets an employee and you're not stuck with all the work load. Win/win.

Makes me think the job posting was misleading as a lot of them are. I've taken many jobs where I'm expected to do work that was not outlined in either the job description or interview. Apparently he didn't like it so he quit.Tell your boss or HR to write better job postings in the future.

That reason is exactly why when I post a job for our business, I always include "other duties as needed"

Yeah j got hired for Lowe's and applied for unloading and did the interview for it as well but when I went to orientation they sprung on me that I was in lumber all of a sudden.

Maybe look at the business culture and workload - perhaps it is unfeasable and needs to be spread across more than 2 employees?

Reminds me of the bar rescue ep where one of the cooks didn't want to clean so he quit

DID the last meat cutter actually ''quit''?