By Nanda - 14/06/2016 06:03 - Canada - Surrey

Today, my boss hired a new meat cutter because our old one stopped showing up for work. After he put the smock on, I told him what needed to be done. Without saying a word, he walks over to my boss, hands him his smock and says, "I quit." Guess I'm on my own. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 429
You deserved it 1 151

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Are you showing him how to cut human meat by any chance?

This is your chance to really show your boss what you are capable of. Work hard and I'm sure it will all work it in the end. Stay in there OP.

Comments

This is your chance to really show your boss what you are capable of. Work hard and I'm sure it will all work it in the end. Stay in there OP.

Or it could backfire. I made the mistake of showing my boss once what I was really capable of and all it did was convince them that they didn't need to replace the other person because I was able to do it. Also that there was no need to pay me more since I was already doing the work without the extra pay. I eventually wound up getting a new job and quitting. So the OP should be prepared for that possibility and be ready to look for another job if necessary.

What 17 said is most likely what will happen. Employers will cut corners at every opportunity they can.

Are you showing him how to cut human meat by any chance?

Who would quit over that? It would be like a dream job come true for me.

cranberries_fml 17

That would actually get me to stay. I like to gross my co-workers out, they'd ask me to get them a can of diced tomatoes and I'd hand them the can say "here's the can of heart bits you wanted". :-)

Seems like someone doesn't like being told what to do by a woman

Sounds more like he thought he would just be using a deli cutter or something and just learned that he would actually be doing hard work.

#11, I'm not trying to be sexist, but it is a possibility as to why he quit.

Out of all the reason there coul've been, you chose to believe its sexism?

talk about a lasting first impression

Maybe you should consider investing in some bottles of brain bleach...

Sorry, that was intended for another FML, not this one. Carry on your way...

Yes, yes, I'd carry on. After I've done the right thing by thumbing this comment down.

I see others took a leaf out of your book...

Regardless of what FML it was, 'brain bleach', 'eye bleach', and any other bleach has been overused as much as 'that's a shitty situation'.

Not a prime candidate for that choice position? Made a misteak applying for the before realizing he was too cow-ardly to cut it? You butcher life he was! Hope he didn't take it on the lamb and instead chose to loin a new trade from the ground round up. That's all I ham, shanks for gristling.

You overdid it. One or two might've been funny, but by then you should have laid the puns out to pasture.

snarkytruth 37

As many puns as you stuffed in your reply I can't believe you overlooked the most obvious- he just couldn't make the cut. ;)

Maybe someone else should handle New Employee Orientation...

It's a nonsense, Did he accept the job without knowing his duties?

I'll cut to the chase. Sounds like he just couldn't cut it. To be a good butcher you must be a cut above the rest. Some people are just not cut out for such a career. (I'd best cut it off there lest I be down voted into oblivion.)