By Anonymous - 27/01/2016 05:41 - United States - Spring

Today, my boss got mad at me because I told her that I wouldn't be able to work two days out of the week, due to college classes. She then cut back my hours so much that I now only work one day a week. I got the job in the first place to pay for my college classes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 291
You deserved it 1 633

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's really rude, at least you offered to work 5 days

MzZombicidal 36

Don't worry, OP! Now you have more time to stress over classes and the finals they bring! Who needs financial income when you've got stress keeping you going!

Comments

That's really rude, at least you offered to work 5 days

MzZombicidal 36

Don't worry, OP! Now you have more time to stress over classes and the finals they bring! Who needs financial income when you've got stress keeping you going!

Do people really stress that much over finals? I'm in my second year of university and from what I have seen finals aren't that hard.

#16, maybe it's just me but I find that finals coupled with the financial aspect of acquiring a higher education can be quite stressful for most students.

I think it might just be me. I don't get stressed over much. Also I'm extremely good at remembering facts. Usually just the lecture and the homework is plenty for me to learn the material. So tests don't seem hard to me. Thats why I have a hard time understanding how others handle tests.

Unless you are science or engineering major.

I know how you feel. My boss keeps trying to schedule me during my classes. I hope you get it worked out OP.

If your boss expects complete flexibility from you but shows none in return, you might just be better off finding another job.

Did you talk about this before? I mean, did your boss know you'd have classes you needed to be free for, or did you fail to mention that during the job interview? Because if so, Y kinda DI. If not, well, good luck finding a better job with a less sucky boss...

well did she hire you on the condition that you could work those days? when looking for a job most people say they have a wide open schedule then that schedule slowly shrinks so I can understand her frustration. However it should be easier for you to get a job elsewhere now that you are currently employed so use those extra days to find something better.

Your boss sounds like a prick. If your boss knows you got the job to help pay for college classes, your boss might have cut back your hours so you quit school.

Shove an umbrella in his asshole and open it.

I feel you, OP. My boss used to try and schedule me before my classes got out, then got pissed even after I explained why I couldn't work that early.