By jobless - 10/04/2015 06:28 - United States - Fort Collins

Today, my boss fired me by locking me out of my workplace after I went out to throw out the trash. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 643
You deserved it 2 509

Same thing different taste

Top comments

When you were taking out the trash you forgot a big piece... Your boss

Knock knock Who's there! Joe Joe who? Joe - your employee! Sorry Joe the employee doesn't work here anymore

Comments

he should grow a pair & learn how to deal with his decisions

How rude..your boss sounds like real mental..

Extremely childish and unprofessional of your boss. It boggles my mind how people like that get to be in positions of authority.

Maybe OP was trash so the boss threw the thrash out

Not nice ! How would you like it if it happened to you ? boss should man up and fire in person, face to face.

sounds like they took out the trash. jk man, that blows

that's pretty bad, your boss needs to learn people skills to communicate better.

Can you sue his ass for being an insensitive piece of jerk? Sorry to hear about this

cadillacgal79 32

It's not insensitive, just very unprofessional.

Wow that's rude. I never heard of such a sick method to fire people.

Sounds like your boss has no balls. He or she should have confronted you face to face with the reason why. I say report it. Even if you deserved to get fired, no one should be treated like that.

I completely agree. It amazes me how many bosses fire their employees and give them made up reasons: like, "we have too many employees and need to cut back," and right after they fire them they hire someone to replace them. You're already firing the person, you probably never have to see them again, the least you can do is give them the real reason you're firing them so they can work on the issue for their next job. That sucks op. If they have anyone above them, or any sort of HR, I would go back the next day and file a report. You may or may not get your job back, but at least they'll have to talk to him and he won't be allowed to treat other employees that way.