By girlfromnowhere - 23/02/2016 11:06 - United Arab Emirates

Today, my boss asked me to work over the entire weekend. That would be fine if I didn't already work a 60 hour week. He also said the extra hours on the weekend wouldn't be paid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 721
You deserved it 2 114

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He's not even thankful for the hard work and hours you've put in! Isn't it illegal for the company not to pay you for your time worked anyway? I hope you said no. It sounds like you're exhausted. Good luck!

Comments

FalloutScrolls 25

Gotta know if you're paid hourly or salary. If it's salary, then yeah, that's rough because time over 40hrs is "covered in your salary." If you're paid by the hour, then what your boss is asking for is illegal. Anything over 40hrs/wk is supposed to be 1.5x your hourly wage.

I would straight up say no. I don't care how much help he/she needs. no money, no labor lol.

if it won't be paid work tell him to piss off

but in all seriousness record all interactions with him in some way shape or form that way if he fires you for not showing up for unpaid work you can take his ass to hr and get him fired

consider this: How badly do you need that job?

they cannot have you work and not pay you...also, are you salary OP? if so, they might not have to pay you ivertime, but if you are hourly, they cannot refuse to pay you. I would call corporate or the labor board asap. good luck.

If you're in the United States that is very illegal. Speak to HR, Union rep or whoever you can.

She's not - she's in the UAE - IIRC, it's pretty much the same wahabi crap as Saudi Arabia.

Thank you #32. The country of the poster doesn't show up when reading on mobile. Bummer. Best of luck OP.