By BrokenAndHurt - 24/05/2016 12:28 - United States - Gilmanton

Today, my best friend decided to make some life changes. He got a new job, a new car, and asked me to move out of our apartment. We're 1,500 miles away from my hometown. I only moved all the way out here to live with him in the first place because he asked me to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 836
You deserved it 1 432

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well he can't exactly kick you out until the contract expires but I wouldn't want to live with him either if that's how he treats you. Hope you can talk to him about why he wants you to leave and unless he's rich I doubt he could pay the rent himself. Time to find a new friend to start your adult life with.

Id tell him I'll happily go if you pay for my moving expenses back home. What an ass

Comments

OneOnJuanAction 22

Woop woop, first to vote and comment

Well, a journey of 1500 miles begins with one step.. Time to grab your shoes and get started on your own life

Well he can't exactly kick you out until the contract expires but I wouldn't want to live with him either if that's how he treats you. Hope you can talk to him about why he wants you to leave and unless he's rich I doubt he could pay the rent himself. Time to find a new friend to start your adult life with.

He probably wouldn't have asked OP to leave if he couldn't afford the rent by himself... Or perhaps he wants his girlfriend to move in...

He just got a new job and a new car... id say there's a fair chance he's cashed up. Either that or he just got so far into debt that he's going down in a blaze of glory and you need to get out. Another, unlikely but possible option that occurred to me is that he just won some kind of lottery, this can change people sometimes and maybe he doesn't want you mooching off him.

Mathalamus 24

you don't just make changes to your life like that, not without seriously affecting your roommate, or the people around you. maybe he should move out instead.

OP might not be able to pay the rent on his/her own though. Then again, OP could find someone else to move in. Hopefully, OP will find somewhere to live soon

Id tell him I'll happily go if you pay for my moving expenses back home. What an ass

Sounds like either a personality crisis or he's finally getting his act together.

Wow...sounds like he's more of a jerk than a best friend. If you do move out, then I hope he pays for your trip back!

AviKerensky 17

Did he fly to the wrong airport when you moved to his place?

NH great state. That's where i live lol

OP, do you have a job in that town, other friends there by now, putting down some roots? Or better prospects back at home or elsewhere, or somewhere you've always wanted to live? On the one hand, this sucks; on the other hand, it could also be a really nice opportunity to decide what _you_ want to do, where you want to do it, and how to get that started. Good luck!