By Anonymous - 15/04/2009 05:37 - United States

Today, my aunt informed me that she thinks I'm faking the debilitating disease I've had for the past 13 years. Apparently she thinks I just don't want to go to college or get a job, and that I like living on disability. She also added that my entire extended family agrees with her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 79 697
You deserved it 6 049

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Herbal_fml 0

What specific debilitating disease? Should have said the name. Then I could have googled it.

#06 - The OP said they suffer from a DISEASE, not a DISABILITY. There are numerous debilitating diseases out there that would prevent someone from going to work or school. It's very tactless of your aunt to have said something like that to you, particularly if you've been to the doctor. This situation is a hard FML, because it all depends on how the OP is acting... Still, FYL for having to deal with someone who can be so rude.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
CandyCanenomer 4

No, my mom has depression since she was 16. She's now 33

You obviously have no idea what actual depression can do. My aunt has bipolar disorder and depression, and even though she and her family qualifies, she refuses to go on disability or take any money from the government because of it. You are an ignoramus if you believe that real depression is just "bs". Get out of your parents' basement, and take some time to learn a thing or two before you go shooting your mouth off. By the way, that's not how you use a semicolon. Just felt like showing you just how ignorant you can be.

Um, sounds to me like the OP DOES want to go to school and have a job and a normal life, #9. In this case debilitating disease probably doesnt mean "oh noes I have to take medicine every day" more like "oh noes I can hardly get up in the morning without cringing"

I don't believe. If you had a real disease you would have told us what it was. I also don't see how being disabled has kept you from going to college as other people have said. YDI unless you tell us what your disease is.

ozymandias_fml 0

#12 ... so? The schools are required to accommodate in pretty much the entire western world, assuming it is a legitimate disease/disability.

fmlragdoll doesn't know what he's talking about.

Um, OP doesn't have to give every detail to satisfy your curiousity. No one deserves a disease, big or small. It's obviously the OP isn't thrilled about having it. Why do commenters act like they know OP is faking. If it is fake, the OP wouldn't have thought, FML I've been found out. Sorry you have to go through this with lack of support and your aunt could've approached you in a better manner rather than to admonish you with guilt. Like prev commenters, try to deal with living as normal as you can. Btw, if OP has to 'fake', it's obviously more than having to take medicine for it.

missyhumms 0

Some of you guys are being total jerks. Maybe the disease is embarrassing? I'm sorry poster, that's really upsetting. What I don't get is when it's something the poster truly can't help people picking 'you deserved that'.

#15 doesn't know what he's talking about

#18 You mean that depression cannot last 13 years and that it is just bullshit?