By anonymous - 07/02/2012 09:27 - United States

Today, my alcoholic mother decided to finally check herself into rehab. She did it while drunk, and flirted with the front attendant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 285
You deserved it 2 343

Same thing different taste

Top comments

uprising_fml 0

Stop complaining. At least she is admitting to having a problem. At least she is there.

Comments

dabomb1463 0

Move out if your over the legal age or make sure she is sober at all times.

bizarre_ftw 21

You don't understand how alcoholism works do you?

Checking into rehab drunk? That's like going to the dentist while chewing on a big sugary caramel!

You mean you're not supposed to do that? Damn!

RedPillSucks 31

Who remembers when dentists used to hand out candy after a visit. Why did no one back then think that was perverse.

Actually doc makes a good point. Lots of treatment facilities will not take you until you have been sober or clean for a couple of days. Less liability for them. Less of a chance some one will die of alcohol poisoning, over dose or withdrawals on them.

I made a good point? I didn't think that was allowed here.

66, quite a few people do that actually. Some treatment centers will send you to detox beforehand though

Isa_fml 20

yeah, i mean what kind of person would go to DRUG AND ALCOHOL treatment because they use ALCOHOL? i mean, jeez.

I am just stating a rule most places have started to enforce to save themselves from being sued for wrongful death. I mean I have worked in treatment centers. They want people coming in sober not high or drunk where they are responsible for a person who is out of their minds actions. You can have addiction problems and have moments of sobriety.

mooseknuckle00 0

Looks like mom is skipping straight to the 13th step.

**** the steps,she took the elevator.

1JDub 6

I bet she was the "cool mom" back in the day....now, a drunk ho bag fixing to bang the drunk tank receptionist....WOW

Ins_Knie 2

She obviously qualifies for the program. Be happy she made that first step...

perdix 29

Who's your daddy? The attendant at the rehab clinic, that's who. She probably thinks she's at this awesome bar where she's getting hit on by men in uniform. She'll get her rude awakening when she realizes that the guy who is chatting her up isn't buying her any drinks.

if she's flirting that must be a good sign, or she's just really drunk.

At least she checked into rehab, drunk or not, still did it.

What does that have to do with your life?

desireev 17

When someone is an alcoholic, they don't realize it but they affect ALOT more people than just themselves. It does affect OP because that is their mother. So please stop with the ignorant comments.

SugarCrazy 14

Maybe the fact that it's his mother -_-... 40- You beat me to it :(

What does OP's mother have to do with his life? Nothing, except the fact that it's the woman who GAVE HIM LIFE and whom he may actually care about. Asshat.