By shoelace18 - 06/09/2009 04:19 - Canada

Today, my 5 year old swallowed her loose tooth, which she was going put under her pillow for the toothfairy. My wife then told her 'what goes in must come out'. And now everytime she does number 2, she makes me dig for her lost tooth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 874
You deserved it 5 954

Same thing different taste

Top comments

she's 5 and your how old? how can she make you do anything? get a grip.

I don't know what to think, here. Either that's love, or that's just demeaning. This could be the first time she learns about loss, if you stop right now.

Comments

your daughter can make you dig through her shit?! don't let her walk all over you

Use this against her in the future or tell her friends about it when she's older.

That's not necessary. She's a five-year-old girl. She's not yet smart enough to understand the concept that Daddy really doesn't want to dig through her shit so she can get 50 cents from the tooth fairy. He doesn't need to hold this against her, and he definitely doesn't need to go rummaging through his daughter's poop. If this guy isn't even smart enough to think of a way to get out of this, this is the only job he's suited for anyway.

chowyuk 0

wow can you not think of a way to outsmart your 5yo to think you got it already wow

Jenspaztic 0

my sister did the same thing. my mom just wrote a note to the "toothfairy" explaining what happened and told her to put that under her pillow.

I never got the point of the tooth fairy. And my kids learned early on that Santa Claus did not die on the cross for our sins.

waterynuggets 0

Santa Claus is to children what Jesus is to adults.

Well, Santa Claus wasn't Jesus, but I agree with you about not deluding our children into believing some ridiculous story from 2000 years ago. We can't make our children think that the entire universe is guided by an invisible man with superpowers.

thats stupid, the tooth would have broken down from the acids in your body

I don't think so. I don't think the hydrochloric acid in a human stomach is powerful enough to dissolve a tooth.

just continue her education like your wife did and tell her there's no tooth fairy. might as well break the news about the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus, too.

don't they have 'no' in your language?? ytfdi

Now would be a good time to teach your daughter about common sense and explain that there is no tooth fairy, only parents and loose change. Or, you could just tell her that the magical tooth fairy knew she swallowed her tooth, but would give her the money anyway. Your wife is an idiot for even implying that you could get the tooth from your daughter's poo. If your daughter really wants her tooth back, she can dig through her own shit. On second thought, that would probably result in even more trouble for the OP, since small children have enough trouble with poop without picking it up after they're done. Whatever you do, don't spend days digging through shit just to find a tooth. Just give her the money, and you can either tell her the truth about the tooth fairy, or bullshit her some more.

Laurrr109 0

i wonder if stomach acid would dissolve a tooth.. that would suuuuuck

muffinsareyummy 1

you and your wife need to stop spoiling the little brat. you're going through her shit looking for a ******* tooth that stomach acids possibly already dissolved. what happens if she can't get a condom wrapper open? is she going to come running to you asking for you to open it for her?