By I quit - 19/11/2011 00:48 - United States

Today, MS Word kept crashing with a memory error, so I called tech support. Instead of actually fixing the problem, their tech wasted over an hour of my time defragmenting the hard drive, disabling the anti-virus, and downloading new video card drivers from some shady site, before giving up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 184
You deserved it 3 343

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I bet it went a little like this: Hello, my name is Peggy. Transfer? Transfer. Hello, my name is Peggy.

Epsilonyx 15

New video card driver for Word memory error? Sounds legit.

Comments

That is why most companies use telephones...

They use telephones to do physical work on your pcs at work?? Nice! Sign me up, bro!

every1luvsboners 11

Sounds like a job for Steve Jobs....Oh wait. Too early? Sorry Stevie, every since I dropped my iPhone on my pillow and cracked the glass I've been holding a grudge.

FYLDeep 25

Ironically enough Office was probably the only big software suite that Jobs was too lazy to try to legitimately compete with. Note the high prevalence of MS Office on Macs. And no iWork doesn't count. Screw you for thinking so.

dillynf39 3

Don't ever talk badly about Steve Jobs. Ever

Torva_fml 16

74- why? He's not god... Just another smart, rich.................. Dead guy.

That's funny you might want to check your sources, because you are quite far from the truth.

Why did you stay with this tech-NO support? You know, if you ask for an American they will transfer you to one and they can probably help you with your issue and help an American keep there job. of enough people would do this we could un-employ about 50,000 Indians and employ American workers.

Cobro 5

Wow this comment was so racist even I feel hate...and I'm American.

every1luvsboners 11

Caro, you're an idiot. Go **** yourself, dickbag. It's their job, not there job. Idiot.

FYLDeep 25

More like his/her job since it was a singular sentence.

every1luvsboners 11

What's a Big-Mac going to do for the OP? They are good, but I doubt it's going to help this situation.

Mister_Triangle 21

So having one issue with Microsoft Word means you should toss out your computer and waste money on an over-priced piece-of-junk Mac? Well, I guess it's true: Macs are for people who can't use computers. I.E. Elementary school students, the elderly, and hipsters.

My first computer experiences involved DOS hot keys; no www either. We've come a long way, baby! Try some of the blog sites, or talk to your IT person at work.

You just don't know what you're talking about.

#64 get off of your deluded Windows high horse and accept that Macs are better than Windows for specific things. That's why you're paying a premium for a premium product that does a general better job than a Windows PC; those are purely for the mass market.

Torva_fml 16

Haj is butthurt because we insulted a Mac, isn't that adorable.

FYLDeep 25

Well you already live in Washington. Maybe you should drive over to Redmond and bitch at Microsoft in person.