By cbrocks - 16/10/2009 18:22 - United States

Today, it was the first day of fall break from college, and I was really excited to sleep in and relax the entire weekend. Apparently my boss caught wind of my happiness and scheduled me 8am-2pm each day of break, "seeing how I don't have anything else to do." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 157
You deserved it 3 881

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jane99 0

You could have asked for a day off in advanced.

YDI if you put you have open availability. If you don't want to work at 8 AM just say you're unavailable.

Comments

look, it's just 4 hrs a day, and the boss probably knows him well enough to know that he has break

might as well make some money instead of doing nothing. hell, my college doesn't even have a fall break!

Well he's right. Now put that waffle costume back on, he's not paying you to sleep!

Good lord, I would kill to get that many hours. Oh, and my college doesn't have fall break. +1 vote for a "So?" option between FML and YDI.

Tippssy 0

You are a ******* idiot. In this economy, you are bitching about GETTING work? Spoiled little college prep. I'm crying for you, really. Having to make money instead of waking up hungover and covered in spooge that may or may not be yours without your cell phone and hunched over a bong. You. Poor. Baby.

ledzepfan 0

me and my manager both go to the same college. we both got scheduled on our fall breaks too. and, ummm, yeah, #75, for people like me who have to pay to live and go to college, sleeping in at least once a year is like ******* heaven, don't be such a bitch. and, yeah, college prep? because, you know, all the spoiled kids have to work.... wait, no, they have trust funds from mommy and daddy, the ones working are the ones that aren't spoiled. don't be such a bitch

At least you have a fall break. My university doesn't even give us one. So just be glad you have 2pm through the rest of the day off, because I'll still be in class.

When I was in high school I worked in the frameshop at Michaels, and our boss somehow got a copy of my high school's schedule (several other people from that school worked there), so he always knew every day we had off and scheduled us for all day every damn time. So that sucks. But yes, you should be happy you have a job.

jane99 0

I work at Michaels! My boss knows I don't have school Fridays so he schedules me ALL day long. **** Michaels.

ProtoBuster_1 5

I can say, in my case, I want to work (I need the money to pay the bills), but my manager isn't putting me on the schedule due to store budget cuts... as of tomorrow (Sunday), I will be "off" for a full month. So, OP, as others have said, in this economy, you're lucky to have a job, so stop whining.

WTF is fall break and why didn't I have one?!?!