By Anonymous - 31/12/2010 01:53 - United States

Today, instead of watching a movie like a normal family, we performed random acts of kindness by handing out roses to total strangers in the freezing cold. No one would take them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 563
You deserved it 6 151

Same thing different taste

Top comments

freebird92 0

Aw that's sad. what u did was very nice.

FYLDeep 25

Why would someone take them? You were handing out roses to strangers in the freezing cold. People probably thought you were ****** in the head. Wouldn't want to get some sort of anthrax laced rose or something.

Comments

ambergurrxo 0

don't be offended, no one ever takes them

Blargh, maybe they didn't know they were free. Or they were just being assholes. I would have taken one, OP!

I did that, it was weird, I ended up getting shouted at by some chavs.

Yourhonor 0

What are you in the family like the mother or firstborn if you are a perent two syllables for ya: "prevent-able"

FajitaFreak 3

It's not a bad idea, it's just the execution that was wrong. Do the same thing, but with some food instead. People will be very grateful and happy for that.

Wow...FYL because you were actually born into a family that gives a shit about the world...I feel so bad for you that your family doesn't want you lying on a couch like a lazy-ass, and instead actually wants you to better yourself and those around you...what a terrible, terrible family you have...

How is giving a flower to random strangers "giving a shit about the world"??? It's just stupid, I mean it's a lot of effort to achieve ****-all, even if a few people HAD taken the flowers. And there's nothing wrong with occasionally sitting at home watching a film. It probably does just as much to improve the world as handing out roses as a family in the freezing cold to passing strangers. Working for a charity together, or doing a charity run together would be doing something for the world as a family, accosting strangers with roses is just odd.

do not mistake random acts of kindness with mindless acts of stupidity

That was pretty cool of your family, but I can see why no one would take them that would be really creepy.

In the freezing cold? To strangers? People probably didn't take them because they probably thought you were crazy. Nice of you, though.