By greek_dancer - 13/07/2009 05:14 - United States

Today, I went to the mall and had to parallel park. It took me 10 to 12 minutes of maneuvering before I got into the slot. When I turned off the car and got out, there were 8 people laughing hysterically and clapping for me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 804
You deserved it 46 406

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why did it take you so long? and , im sorry, but you would have to be pretty sad to stand and watch someone trying to parallel park for 10 minutes.

Hey, I don't even know how to parallel park. As sad as that is, I've never had to use it in my 4 years of driving.

Comments

darkheadlights 4

I can't parallel park either! The other day I had to do it and I ended up parking in front of someone's driveway by accident. The guy in the car behind me was waving wildly at me before I realized it.

sometimes, if you don't approach it right initially, you're screwed unless you reorient yourself. there have been several studies proving women are better drivers than men. that said, there are many excellent male drivers and many crappy ones. the same goes for female drivers. all if you asswipes who say women are poor drivers are ignorant bigots who propably are racists too.

Wtf...How is that racist? If it was anything it would be sexist... It's a fact that the average male driver is far better than the average female driver, however, there are obvious cases where there are crappy male drivers, but they're better than crappy female drivers, and in most cases good male drivers are better than good female drivers, it's fact.

there's a reason in competitive racing men outnumber woman 50-1

And there were no regular parking spots??

m00sem00se 0

I think the point we're all missing here is that the OP is lying...who attempts to park in the same spot for 10 minutes? Ten minutes people...think about it. Stare at your clocks for ten minutes straight and see what an impossibly long amount of time that is to attempt to something frustrating over and over again without giving up and taking the easier route.

testing_fml 0

I wonder why I looked at the gender-section as soon as I finished reading this FML...and I wonder if opinions can be prejudices when you find them acknowledged all the time...

elena_11 0

Total FYL, but good job trying for so long. My friends make fun of me when I fix my parking for like five minutes. You might just be a perfectionist like me! And don't let the clapping assholes get to you. Or the ones who say that women can't drive. I'm a woman, and I'm an excellent driver, I just can't park.

Yea! I'm the same way! I hate driving with male friends in the car cause they make fun of me the ENTIRE car ride, especially when I go to park because I'll admit, I am bad at parking. But I'm also a perfectionist like that and it drives me crazy if I'm not in the middle and really straight, so I end up fixing it for longer than necessary. So yea, just cause someone can't PARK doesn't mean they can't DRIVE, they're different, people.

meadowlark 0

I think it's more of an FML for the 8 people watching for that long. Don't they have something better to do with their time?

Stevieebabyy 0

I believe you are a new, sixteen year old driver living in a U.S city.

it's ok. I think that ALL people suck at driving (including me, I hate driving)... it's because people are in a hurry, selfish, or just plain stupid. yeah, women may have worse spatial awareness or whatever, but men don't give a **** and do stupid shit because they feel like they're stuntmen or something