By ditzen - 07/12/2009 17:39 - United States

Today, I went to pick up my paycheck at the convenience store I work at. While there, two frat boys came in and bought seventeen 30 packs of beer. That comes to about $300. They spent more at the store in one day than I get paid in two weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 751
You deserved it 4 477

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Its really easy to make money if you're throwing a party. Watch this: $300 for 510 beers = $0.588 per beer. Average person at a party drinks about 5 beers or so, but for conservative estimates' sake, call it 6. That's $3.52 worth of beer per person at the party, which you can charge $5 at the door to get in. $5 - $3.52 = $1.48 profit per person, multiplied by 85 people at the party (510 beers / 6 beers per person), gives you a net income for the night of $125.80, and said party can be held 3 nights a week (Thursday - Saturday), giving you a weekly income of $377.40, which is higher than you make. Go to college, learn math, make friends, and you too can figure out how to make more than $300 per week.

Bro they were having a party or stocking up. I doubt that the money to buy that beer came from two dudes. If you get upset by the fact that people spend money to have a party, man I dunno what to say.

Comments

catastrophicsock 0

How do you get less than $300 in 2 weeks?! How many hours are you working?!

hiphopanonamoose 0

i work 30 hours a week and make 250 every two weeks after tax. **** minimum wage.

Sounds like you should be grateful there is a minimum wage.

Oh OP Don't whine, at least you are working and receiving a paycheck at all. If you're going to whine about your hours, then A) ask for more or B) get another job.

MiniatureMayhem 0

That's a lot of beer. There's probably no party and the guys just want to get super-duper-about-to-explode wasted.

I'm sure more than just those 2 guys pitched in or will pitch in later at the party.

Seventeen, thirty packs of beer for $300? That comes out to about 58 cents per beer... where could I find this store and is the beer like homemade or something?

theteal 0

I was just thinking the same thing!

tash14 1

Seventeen thirty packs for $300? That's about $18 each. There are a lot of beers for that price, at least in Maryland. They're just not particularly high quality.

bexox 0

Must be Natty... or worse... gross!

shouldabeenabj 0

natty's not that bad kind of an aquired taste I'm a Busch guy myself but lot of people pry think its gross too :(

Hey, not true, there are about 100 local brewerys within about 30 miles of my house, I wont argue that some american beer isnt shit, but if you spend a couple dollars more the majority is really good. Not that I would know, im not old enough to drink.....

alwaysalady 0

that's double what i make. We both need better jobs.

probably throwing a party. The frats make a lot more at the door than they spend for charging to get in

pinkkloverr 0

maybe a bunch of people put money towards the beer?

nonynony 0

Sure, but it's either the frat's money, or a bunch of people's money pooled together. I doubt the two of them would have been nice enough to fund an entire party's worth of beer themselves. (Though if they're buying that much, why didn't they just get a keg?)

Maybe they're getting a couple different kinds of beer.